My understanding about MP 2 (1 Viewer)

hilfer

Portal Pro
November 3, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
If I understand right the new MP 2 structure it will be based on a media server that can be accessed by several pc's on a net work. Is this right ???

If so I have another question:
To access the server from any pc in the network it's necessary to have MP client ?? right ??

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    So the idea is something like plex ??
    That will let you take your media center wherever you go.
    If this is the idea , it would be great.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yes. dlna support adds more devices that are not PCs. afaik plex uses it's own protocol, so it's similar but different. dlna has more device support than plex, ie pretty much every new electronic media device can do dlna/upnp .

to take your media centre every where you go can already be done with mp1, see the latest blog. however dlna is still the best protocol that is currently widespread

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    yes. dlna support adds more devices that are not PCs. afaik plex uses it's own protocol, so it's similar but different. dlna has more device support than plex, ie pretty much every new electronic media device can do dlna/upnp .

to take your media centre every where you go can already be done with mp1, see the latest blog. however dlna is still the best protocol that is currently widespread

2 Questions:

Where is that latest blog you mentioned ??

By taking media center wherever you go you mean " working on tablets too and other mobile devices ??

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok tried , tested everything but nothing seems to work.

Only on an android device I managed to play 1 movie only, and strangely it was a ed SIDE by SIDE movie,

All the others I get : stream failed.

I'll have to make more tests.

In this kind of program there's nothing like PLEX.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will transcoding from MP2-Server side also be implemented to stream media (e.g. HD movie content) over WAN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom