MyFilms 6.1 and aMPed: fanarts handling (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
When I open MyFilms in MP, it shows the views menu. On the right panel, the fanarts panel, I can see random fanarts not necessarily related to the highlighted menu item. So far so good, I guess this is an intended behavior. The problem is that the program always cycles through the first, say, 15 to 20 fanarts in alphabetical order. I have a database with 1500+ movies and I really would like to see something different sometimes. I have gone through the configurations of MP, MyFilms, aMPed and Fanart Handler, but I couldn't find an option to increase the number of fanarts the program cycles through. I mean this is nothing really important, I'm just wondering if it'is normal.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Interesting question tano_grasa - although you can control if random fanart displays for Views or not (on Artwork Tab in Setup), I haven't seen any setting that determines how many random fanart images display. @Guzzi will know what code is doing - if there is a limit ;)

You can customize fanart for views - just add the fanart images you want to the fanart views folder: e.g. C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MyFilms\Fanart\_View sub folders (or wherever you store your fanart. However, I'm not sure if that applies to the main Views Menu or not. You can try putting fanart images in the main _View folder and see. But that still isn't what you were asking - i.e. to cycle through ALL fanart images.

Personally I set my start view to Films, so I rarely see or notice the fanart on Views Menu.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Interesting question tano_grasa - although you can control if random fanart displays for Views or not (on Artwork Tab in Setup), I haven't seen any setting that determines how many random fanart images display. @Guzzi will know what code is doing - if there is a limit ;)
    The fanart should relate to the menu entry that is focused, if possible (e.g. when the menu entry i an actor, the fanart is part of the actors movies) - and indeed, there is a limit - that is 25 (to limit i/o) and it always takes the first 25 it finds - then changes them randomly. Have changed that now to randomize the content, so you should get more variations ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom