MyFilms and aMPed: movie plot (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Using MyFilms and aMPed there are two ways for viewing the movie plot: either by hitting the right-arrow button on the remote or by selecting the Description view. In both cases the plot text slides over the background (usually a fanart). I wonder if there is a way to have the entire plot text shown at once. Those text are usually not very long, so they would fit into the window. There is no need to have text roll over the background, which I find annoying anyway.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey tano_grasa - it's actually skin related, not MyFilms related So I moved your post to aMPed forum.. In Description view the plot doesn't slide for me. In main view it does (via right arrow) - that's a design principle/feature throughout aMPed. Some skins only display plot in the Details/Description window ;)

So your choices are:
    1. Choose either 'Icons' or 'Big Icons' layout which displays the plot on the main window
    2. Modify the skin files yourself (I can help if you want to try)
    3. Use a skin that displays the plot they way you want

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Dadeo.Yes, I would like to modify the skin files but I don't now where to start from. Your help would be very much appreciated but I'm not sure you know what you're getting into, because I'm a complete layman on this :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not sure you know what you're getting into, because I'm a complete layman on this
    Yeah, might be a bit much to start with - all the various conditions background for text etc. ;)
    Where would you expect to see actors? Do you still want a right arrow for details from the main window, or will you use the Details window for that?

I can do it for you if you are willing to live with the following conditions:
    1. You have to use the default list width set in aMPed Config, or the list will overlap the plot.
    2. You have to use widescreen (16x9)
    3. You will have to modify the files in future to match the changes - you can use an editor like Notepad++ to compare and note the changes I make so you can redo them if there are any changes to MyFilms.xml in future.
    Let me know if it is worth it :p If so, maybe post your aMPedConfig.xml in ProgarmData\aMPed folder so I can ensure it works for your settings.

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    I would like to keep the right arrow for details in the main window anyway, because I find it very useful when scrolling the movies list.
    I use the default list width and widescreen, so this would be no issue for me. As for future changes, I'll stick to my present configuration as long as I can :)
    I'm attaching the aMPedConfig.xml. Feel free to take all the time you need, I really appreciate your help. And I promise I will examinate the modified file in order to "learn fishing" instead of just having a fish ;)

Attachments

• aMPedConfig.xml
      1 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey tano-grasa - just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten you! Unfortunately I fell off my roof and broke both legs. I was in hospital for a couple weeks due to a deep puncture wound. Although I am at home now, and recovering well, it will still be a while before I can spend much time on my computer. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom