MyFilms and Subtitles display? (1 Viewer)

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Guys,

I am posting my problem here although I suspect it is not the right place for it. The SubSentral plugin thread is locked to new replies.

I watch all my movies (the english language ones) without subtitles since I have no issues with understanding the english language at whatever shape or form (new zealand is still a challenge though). Some times though I do have visitors that do not feel comfortable watching without Greek subs. It is easy to find Greek Subs through subcentral, but no matter what I tried they don't seem to display properly. The Greek alphabet is totally different than the latin. In my HTPC i have the Greek Language keyboard with all the Greek types that come with it installed, but still I have no lack displaying Greek Subs through mediaportal.

Anybody who have faced a similar problem, perhaps even in another language, and solved it will be most welcome to advise. Even if you guys know which forum would be the appropriate one to post this problem I would be greatful.

Kind Regards

AT

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    .. you mean they're found, they're displayed, but not displayed properly? I would assume this is a generic problem about subtitles. Might help to post a screenshot - but regardless of that, it can't be fixed in MyFilms, as the playback is handled by MP player - and the corresponding subtitle settings.
    Hope someone else can help.

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Guzzi, Thanks for the reply, I did have the feeling that this is not the right thread to post the problem. To answer your questions, Yes the problem has to do with how the subtitles are displayed, the letters are replaced with symbols, I suspec that MP can not much the subtitle characters with the fonts it can display. I suppose that I have to ask the same question under MP generic video play forum.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi, Thanks for the reply, I did have the feeling that this is not the right thread to post the problem. To answer your questions, Yes the problem has to do with how the subtitles are displayed, the letters are replaced with symbols, I suspec that MP can not much the subtitle characters with the fonts it can display. I suppose that I have to ask the same question under MP generic video play forum.
    I have never worked in that area (of MP); best would be to reproduce the error with MyVideo playback and report in respective MP forum part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom