myfilmscovermanager.xml error (1 Viewer)

MPnut

Portal Member
November 26, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Just recently installed Avallonis and started using My Films 5.2 latest developer version. Everything seems gr8 except for when i try to use the covermanager feature to change covers. I keep getting an error saying that the myfilmscovemanager.xml file is missing or invalid. Ive checked the skins folder and that file only seems present in mediaportals default skins folder.

Not sure but would i be right in saying that 5.2 is only supported by default and default wide? And if so is there a work around?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi guys.

Just recently installed Avallonis and started using My Films 5.2 latest developer version. Everything seems gr8 except for when i try to use the covermanager feature to change covers. I keep getting an error saying that the myfilmscovemanager.xml file is missing or invalid. Ive checked the skins folder and that file only seems present in mediaportals default skins folder.

Not sure but would i be right in saying that 5.2 is only supported by default and default wide? And if so is there a work around?
    Hi MPnut, as 5.2 is not finally released, skins do support 5.1 version - and yes, 5.2 will require skin update for new features.
    You could ask in avalon forum to get beta skin files - NCOH does have them afaik for Avalon and Titan.
    Otherwise, we'll have to wait for 5.2 final release to get official updates for kins other than default (which are included in installer).

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Thx Guzzi but not sure about the beta skin files will pm NCOH and try and find out some more. The reason I updated to 5.2 was so i could use the latest media feature which avalonis uses in conjunction. If revert back to 5.1 is there a way display latest movies? As I really need to be able to use the covermanager feature.

Thx in advance.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thx Guzzi but not sure about the beta skin files will pm NCOH and try and find out some more. The reason I updated to 5.2 was so i could use the latest media feature which avalonis uses in conjunction. If revert back to 5.1 is there a way display latest movies?
    You could still sort your movies by date added to get latest movies on top of the list.
    If you're asking for "Latest Media" display e.g. in BasicHome - that was modified and fixed after 5.1 was out, so you need 5.2+ for that.
    As I really need to be able to use the covermanager feature.
    Covermanager was also introduced for 5.2, it was not part of 5.1.
    If you can live with the bugs currently remaining in 5.2 test version, I would recommend you to ask NCOH for beta files for MF5.2 - otherwise you'll have to wait until 5.2 final is released and official skin support is there ...

MPnut

Portal Member
    November 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Yeah i meant display in basic home, but apart from my small issue which isn't related to the plugin ive been getting along with 5.2 just fine. So yeah would like to keep using it unitil it goes final. Will contact NCOH and see if i can get the beta skin files for it.

Cheers for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom