MyLyrics v. 1.00 (1 Viewer)

MrEMan

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Thank you Soren,

I have converted my entire collection to ID3 V2.4, it was V2.3, and now have 40 artists in the database, I still have AC and DC but a lot more artist have been found. I still have other problems it seems because according to musikCube I have 538 artists in my collection which would be right.

Is there a way to remove the AC and DC?

Thank you once again for the quick reply.

Regards

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry I'm sure I've seen this written about before but I'd thought I'd ask...for some reason many of my songs download the lyrics with multiple apostrophes ''''. Is this to do with the website they are downloaded from? Is there anything that can be done for this?

By the way I'm more chuffed than ever now as I have a discrete MyLyrics button on my remote control now thanks to the Generic Keyboard/Remote Input Plugin! Now I can go direct to mylyrics, so much easier and quicker!

Yup, when there is multiple apostrophes (and possible other weird symbols) it is due to the source which contain the original lyric. When the lyric engine fetches a lyric it tries to fix and shine up the lyric as good as possible. E.g. some sites have a ? instead of an ' (apostrophe), accordingly the engine translates ?m to 'm, so e.g. "I'm" is shown correctly. There are a bunch of such conversions, that tries to modify the lyric from the original source to become easier to read. But unfortunately not all mess ups from the source can be fixed in that manner.

When you see one of such lyrics, you will have to fix it manually, search for a new lyric from one of the other sources (using the 'Find lyric' dialogue), or just let it be.

However if you find a lyric which you might believe could be made prettier, please send me the artist, title and site name, and I'll see if another replace argument could shine up the lyric.

Thank you Soren,

I have converted my entire collection to ID3 V2.4, it was V2.3, and now have 40 artists in the database, I still have AC and DC but a lot more artist have been found. I still have other problems it seems because according to musikCube I have 538 artists in my collection which would be right.

Is there a way to remove the AC and DC?

Thank you once again for the quick reply.

Regards
    Yes, you can delete all lyric entries by AC simple by highlighting the artist "AC" in the combobox on the lyric database page and press the delete button. The same procedure can natural be performed with DC.

cheers

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Ive just installed v1.0 over the previous version I had tried some time ago. During the install I had several problems with tryin gto configure the plugin. No matter when I try to configure I get the folllowing error....

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application
    Method not found: 'Int32 Mediaportal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetTotalSongs()'.

After this the configurator crashes and I have to disable Mylyrics because it stalls MP when I start up.

Any help would be appreciated, I had the previous version running some time ago and it was great fun.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wooooohoooooo! Welcome back ;).

Could I make a request mackey, when I press escape or back (on MCE remote), My Lyrics defaults to a home menu, could you change it to go back to the previous window? Reason I ask, I've added buttons to My Lyrics on various music screens in my skins and the plugin always goes back to the menu and not the "real" previous screen. Thanks.

Hi Psycho Reptile

The switch to the previous screen is implemented correctly in the upcoming version 1.0.

thanks
    Hi mackey, sorry for the late reply :(. I still have the problem with MyLyrics going back to the Music Menu. I my Monochrome skin you are able to get to MyLyrics from the now playing screen, when I press back on my mce remote I'm returned to the Music Menu and not the now playing scrren. Perhaps you could look into it :).

javansee

Portal Member
    September 8, 2007
    no lyrics database found, like the same error

Ive just installed v1.0 over the previous version I had tried some time ago. During the install I had several problems with tryin gto configure the plugin. No matter when I try to configure I get the folllowing error....

Method not found: 'Int32 Mediaportal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetTotalSongs()'.

After this the configurator crashes and I have to disable Mylyrics because it stalls MP when I start up.

Any help would be appreciated, I had the previous version running some time ago and it was great fun.

-------------------------------

I´ve got the same problem. Some ideas?.

Great Plugin ;)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

-------------------------------

I´ve got the same problem. Some ideas?.

Great Plugin ;)
    Hi martyyn and javansee
    What versions of MP are you using? And are you using the final release or SVN's?
    cheers
    Soren

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Sorry that wouldve helped wouldnt it :(

Im using MP 0.2.3.0, I used to roll with the SVN's but the WAF factor went out the window. Im also using the latest version of monochrome as my skin.

It was all working very well before xmas, when to be perfectly honest I wasnt paying alot of attention to installing mylyrics (its just installed and ran) but when I saw 1.0 I thought Id upgrade but I cant get it to work

Cheers

javansee

Portal Member
    September 8, 2007
    hi,
    i´m using MP Final 2.3.0 without svn updates and Standard Blu Two Skin..
    My Lyrics 1.0 with MPI Installer...
    Installation works Fine, configruation is not possible breaks with the error in posting before, but I Can start MP normaly and when I Start Lyrics I became following error "please run configuration bevor using this plugin"

thanks ..

some information!
    I ve try a new installation on my umpc q1 (really nice) with mpi installer,
    mp 2.3.0 without svn updates,
    on this pc the plugin works without any probems :)

maybe update from a previuos version is the problem for the error during configuration...

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    hi,
    i´m using MP Final 2.3.0 without svn updates and Standard Blu Two Skin..
    My Lyrics 1.0 with MPI Installer...
    Installation works Fine, configruation is not possible breaks with the error in posting before, but I Can start MP normaly and when I Start Lyrics I became following error "please run configuration bevor using this plugin"

thanks ..

some information!
    I ve try a new installation on my umpc q1 (really nice) with mpi installer,
    mp 2.3.0 without svn updates,
    on this pc the plugin works without any probems :)

maybe update from a previuos version is the problem for the error during configuration...
    Yup, i tried the same deal; installing MP 0.2.3.0 final and MyLyrics 1.0 on a new computer with success. It should also work since the method Mediaportal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase.GetTotalSongs()' which your installation obiviously is missing is included in the final release of version 0.2.3.0. It was included by HWahrmann to one of the SVN's just before the official release.

Therefore it is really, really likely that something went wrong in your upgrade to 0.2.3.0 final. Try to uninstall MP through your windows control panel, redo the install of MP 0.2.3.0 final and also MyLyrics, and try to config the plugins once again. If MP is properly installed the method GetTotalSongs will be present, and everything will run smoothly.

regards
    Soren

martyyn

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2005
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Ok Soren, thanks for your help, Ill give that a go. The interesting thing is that I installed MyLyrics onto an already working MP 0.2.3.0 with a much earlier version of MyLyrics.

So did earlier versions of did MyLyrics not use GetTotalSongs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom