MyMusic: A lot of Albums aren't displayed in the "album-artist view" (1 Viewer)

Monchi

Portal Pro
January 7, 2008
Hi,

when I brows my musiccollection in MyMusic many albums arent displayed. This might be a problem of the way my mp3 are tagged. I used winamp to verify my id3-tags. At most of my files the field "Album Artist" is blank. Is this the problem? I checked the option "treat mp3 in a folder als an album"
Any ideas to fix this? Or do I have to retag all my files? (I hope not cause i have a quite large collection ;-)

Greets,
Monchi:D

TV-Server Version: recent SVN
MediaPortal Version: recent snapshot
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: Vista 32bit
CPU Type: AMD BE-2400 45W TDP
HDD: WD 500GB GreenPower
Memory: 2048 MB DDR2 667Mhz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: onboard HD3200
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.3
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: SPDIF out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This might be a problem of the way my mp3 are tagged. I used winamp to verify my id3-tags. At most of my files the field "Album Artist" is blank. Is this the problem? I checked the option "treat mp3 in a folder als an album"
    Any ideas to fix this? Or do I have to retag all my files? (I hope not cause i have a quite large collection ;-)
    Other than the shares view everything is built from tags. Is the artist tag populated?? If so you could use this instead

Monchi

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2008
    the artistview works very well. but in some cases i would be nice to have the "albumartist view" working cause that would filter all tracks of the samplers/compilations out. if they are all listed the list of artist becomes realy huge. it would be much more clearly when they woulnd be :cool:

any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom