MyMusicVideos Plugin (Yahoo Launch Videos) (2 Viewers)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    MyMusicVideos plugin

I was very disappointed with the recent removal of this plugin from the MP distribution, although I understand why it was done. This plugin was the most heavily used aspect of MP in my household.

It was still somewhat usable, & I noticed that the left over config file in my docs & settings folder had the urls to the different sections of each site specified. Hoping that I would be able to get other sections working again, by editing the urls, I tried to copy the plugin from an old version.

After installing a pre RC2 version on another PC, I was unable to find the files for this plugin. Was this plugin built right into the core of MP, removing any hope of carrying the plugin forward to a current version?

I see it used to be a stand alone plugin in the corresponding support thread, but fear it was wholly absorbed when it was asked to join the distribution.

Anybody know if I've got this wrong, & it is possible to bring the broken plugin forward to RC2?

woddog

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2007
    Townsville, QLD
    Home Country
    Bring back the My MusicVideos plugin!

I too used this plugin heavily mainly because music video playback (off hard drive) is very poor (videos don't play consectutively etc)

I also used the trailers plugin heavily. It's good to see someone is resurrecting that plugin.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The source for this plugin is still available in the svn in the WindowsPlugins area. You can use the source to make the plugin again. You just have to find all of the references to add and whatnot to make the source compile. You can then start doing your changes/debugging. I had to do a similar thing for the My Trailers plugin.

woddog

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2007
    Townsville, QLD
    Home Country
    LRFalk01,

I'd love to give this a try but I really have 0, zip, zilch idea on how to do this. I've generally been a user of software, but I really want MediaPortal to be a great solution so i'm willing to try.

Can you give me some pointers?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    As it was quoted above by one of the team members, we didn't reove the Plugin just for fun.
    Yahoo is simply no longer providing the videos in a format that MP could play back.

Sorry about that, but that's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom