MyPictures DateView logic modifications (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Implemented new Date view logic. Unzip in the root folder of mediaportal (1.0.2) and it will replace the right files. Make a backup first.

The date view will be changed to either:

Year
-- Month (readable format ie: "March")
-- List of pictures

OR

Year
-- Month (readable format ie: "March")
-- Day
-- List of pictures

The listing of days under months is controlled in the configuration tool under "Pictures"

Let me know what you think. Remember to make sure you are using the "Date" view to see changes.

This patch also includes my Share browsing optimization patch

Versions:
V3 - Added localization for month strings
V2 - Added day level configuration in configuration tool

Attachments

• DateView_v3.zip
    30.6 KB

orph

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Cool... thank you. Same problem as before... configuration's crashing on 'startup'... the windows.dll works, but I'll have to wait for 1.1 to get full features.

mariusau

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2008
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great!
    An update to My Pictures is something I've been waiting for since I first started using MP.

One question: will the database autoupdate when I add more pictures, or do I have to select "Update database" from the configuration?

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Great!
    An update to My Pictures is something I've been waiting for since I first started using MP.

One question: will the database autoupdate when I add more pictures, or do I have to select "Update database" from the configuration?

You have the redo the "Update database"

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I like this patch too, but I would prefer if it used the Date Taken property from the pictures, not the Date Modified. Or, at least make it an option. And while you are patching picture views, why not create a new one that will let you view by Tag?

Edit: I see from your other thread that this is supposed to use Date Taken if the property is set, but I see cases with my pictures where it is not doing that. I have pictures where Windows clearly shows the date taken as being 1988, and date modified being July 2009. The date view shows the picture under July 2009.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I like this patch too, but I would prefer if it used the Date Taken property from the pictures, not the Date Modified. Or, at least make it an option. And while you are patching picture views, why not create a new one that will let you view by Tag?

Edit: I see from your other thread that this is supposed to use Date Taken if the property is set, but I see cases with my pictures where it is not doing that. I have pictures where Windows clearly shows the date taken as being 1988, and date modified being July 2009. The date view shows the picture under July 2009.

The date taken logic change was probably implemented after 1.0.2 was released. It is in SVN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom