MyPictures Exif OSD patch (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Here is a patch for MP 1.0.2 that enables EXIF OSD in MyPictures while viewing pictures in sideshow or regular mode. For now OSD is always on but will make it configurable in the next version. Wanted to get feedback on it ASAP. Still a little bit of polishing to do.

Unzip the attached MyPicturesExifOSDv1.zip in the root folder of MediaPortal 1.0.2 (backup files before). I also included a skin file for the OSD for Blue3 and StreamedMP. They will be installed at the same as you unzip the above file.

Also attached are two screen shots. First one is with the Blue3 skin, second one is with StreamedMP

That should be it. Let me know your comments.

Attachments

• 15-06-53.png
    15-06-53.png
    487.1 KB
  • 16-13-31.png
    16-13-31.png
    641.6 KB
  • MyPicturesExifOSDv1.zip
    30.7 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and thanks for pointing me here :)

I will only be able to test in about 10 to 12 hours :(

This is a great starting point and I am very exited about your contributions.
    You asked for some input:

1. I agree with you to have it configurable ON/OFF.

2. How about also allowing the user in Configuration to select the fields he wants to see. And then if possible, 2 or 3 screen overlay sizes and the skin picks the smallest usable one depending on the number of selected fields. I would love to have the default setting as date, title and comments show in a small overlay.

3. Is it possible to create a command you can assign to a remote key to turn it on/off? Maybe use the existing Toggle Subtitles? L on keyboard; yellow remote button). First press show user selected fields (see option 2 above). Next press show all fields. Next press turns it off.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Me again :)

I also included a skin file for the OSD for Blue3 and StreamedMP. They will be installed at the same as you unzip the above file.
    I am missing this?

With just the 2 replaced dll's pictures do not work.
    View attachment 43911

Restoring the backup files then it works again.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    3. Is it possible to create a command you can assign to a remote key to turn it on/off? Maybe use the existing Toggle Subtitles? L on keyboard; yellow remote button). First press show user selected fields (see option 2 above). Next press show all fields. Next press turns it off.

Is the info button (f3 on the keyboard) available in slideshows? This would be ideal, I think.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The pictureOSD.xml file is not at the right place. Check to make sure its in "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Blue3" if using Blue3 or "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP" if using StreamedMP.

I didnt create one for Blue3Wide so dont use it as a skin for now.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry posted the wrong zip file. I updated the link in the first post. Should work now

Is the info button (f3 on the keyboard) available in slideshows? This would be ideal, I think.

I agree. I will check it out.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    It shows the info nice now but I do have another problem.

If I assign a title and description to a photo by right-click properties in explorer, then that info is NOT shown.
    Will it be possible for you to read that as well?

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The Exif class in MP doesnt read those tags. I will try and see if I can change it.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks a lot. All the other stuff is interesting, but the REAL USEFUL stuff is assigning your own descriptions and keywords (in my opinion ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom