Myprograms help needed (1 Viewer)

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I just love the myprograms plugin. I got both mame32 and PSX working! I tried to get the snes emulator to work to but I'm stuck. I have imported the "template" so it felt pretty straight-forward. What happens is that the emulator starts in the background and MediaPortal stops responding. I have tried different window modes (minimized was recommended) but it still doesn't help.

Has anyone got any clues?

/Moltas

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Hi Moltas,

which emu are you using? zsnesw?

Can you check if you have the option "MediaPortal always on top" enabled? If yes, try to disable it and try again.

To help you further, I need more info (which emu, etc.)....

Daniel

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I am using zsnesw and I tried to uncheck the MP-always-on-top thing (it was checked) but it didn't make any difference. The rom I am trying to start is Mario Kart and it works if I run it from the emulator.

I have all the settings as described in the wiki. What additional info do you need?

/Moltas

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
works fine here...

some things:

* I am using zsnesw 1.36 which is not the latest version
* Does launching a zsnesw game out of the media-portal configuration work?
* Try different video-fullscreen settings in the zsnes-video options

and last but not least:

* Try the BIG competitor for the "best SNES emulator", SNES9x which can be found here: http://www.snes9x.com/

Hope that helps.... I will check out the latest zsnesw meanwhile and make sure the profile-settings still work.

Daniel

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I am using 1.42 (the latest I think) and I can launch the games from the setup.

After changing the video mode to anything else than FULL it works but the game isn't filling the whole screen. It's just a small black rectangle in the middle. Is that as it should?

Also when I press ESC the GUI of zsnesw comes up. Is it possible to return to MP?

/Moltas

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Oh and did you know that if you enter a (image)directory path that doesn't exist and tries to update the database you get an unhandled error? it says something like:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

also, if you have any roms in the database the will be removed.

FYI

/Moltas

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
Moltas,

retried with zsnes 1.42 (latest) and everything works smooth here.

moltas said:
After changing the video mode to anything else than FULL it works but the game isn't filling the whole screen. It's just a small black rectangle in the middle. Is that as it should?

Yes, zsnes draws the game in a "windowless" part in the middle of the screen. Dunno, check out ZSNES options (GUI-options, Video-options, different screen resolutions). Maybe the screen resolution switch is going wrong, so try 800x600 modes...

If this doesn't work, I need your settings (zsnesw.cfg, mediaportal.xml). You can mail them to waeberd AT solnet.ch.

Also when I press ESC the GUI of zsnesw comes up. Is it possible to return to MP?

Yeah, that's normal. You can quit zsnesw (without using the keyboard):
1) with the directInput gamepad control in MP (see elsewhere for details :) )
2) by assigning a gamepad-button to exit zsnesw in the gui options

3) by checking out SNES9x :)

Oh and did you know that if you enter a (image)directory path that doesn't exist
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException

Thank you, it's fixed now!

also, if you have any roms in the database the will be removed.
Yes, this is "by design". Re-importing files into the database does a complete replacement of all roms that were previously stored.

Hope that all helps!

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom