myPrograms: some news and updated wiki-documentation (1 Viewer)

stormer

Portal Member
January 24, 2005
stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi Daniel

I have followed the wiki page for MAME32 and it's working BUT I cant get any pictures/images to display in MP? I have unziped the icon zips in folder icon but nothing shows in MP. I can se snaps in MAME32. What have I done wrong?

regards
stormer

waeberd

Portal Pro
August 16, 2004
Fribourg (CH)
stormer said:
I have unziped the icon zips in folder icon but nothing shows in MP. I can se snaps in MAME32. What have I done wrong?

Hey stormer,

MAME works fine here with 0.1.0.7 so we should get it running on your machine too!

Some (stupid) hints first:

*)
make sure the "Image directories" are entered one per line in configuration, like this:
Code:
C:\emu\mame32\snap
C:\emu\mame32\titles
C:\emu\mame32\flyers
(no blank lines :!: , no separators etc.)

*)
You say the images are unzipped, I assume in every directory listed

*)
Are you using the PNG format?
The name of the picture must match the name of the rom (without the extension of course)

*)
You're talking about ICONS:
There is a problem with ICO files, they cannot be displayed correctly in MediaPortal. I guess you have ICO files in the mame-icons folder. Try to remove this directory from the image directories list

*)
The first image directory is the one that will be used to display icons in the item list. So preferably list the directory at the first position with the most pictures stored in it

*)
What about the INFO screen?
If you select an item that "should" have pictures and press <F3> to call the info screen. Are pictures displayed in this screen?
(If there is more than one picture it will change every three seconds)

*) <not verified>
Are there blanks in the directory names of your image directories?
I didn't try that yet, but it may be that blanks are making trouble here!

Hope that helps!

Daniel

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    waeberd said:
    *)
    Are you using the PNG format?
    The name of the picture must match the name of the rom (without the extension of course)

I think this is the problem. I have lots of roms like 1942a, 1942b,1942j, etc. But they all use 1942.png. So most of my snaps don´t show up. not at home to give the definite file names, but i think this is the problem.

tomtom

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    tomtom21000 said:
    I think this is the problem. I have lots of roms like 1942a, 1942b,1942j, etc. But they all use 1942.png. So most of my snaps don´t show up.

But then some of the snaps should be displayed, as I understood Storm, no pics are displayed at all.....

Anyway, you got a point there, TomTom:
    pic-searching using strict filename-matching misses a lot of items because of the rom-postfixes..... (I have the same problem with roms renamed with the funky GoodTools.....).

Will think about improving this!

Daniel

A

Anonymous

I have a problem too with picture display. I have a lot of roms and inside MP, only the 50 first have a snap, the others don't.
    Any idea ?

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    oxwald said:
    I have a problem too with picture display. I have a lot of roms and inside MP, only the 50 first have a snap, the others don't.
    Any idea ?

No... I need more infos!
    Please post the configuration settings you're using, which mode, importers, picture format, etc.

Thanks,

Daniel

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    waeberd said:
    Anyway, you got a point there, TomTom:
    pic-searching using strict filename-matching misses a lot of items because of the rom-postfixes..... (I have the same problem with roms renamed with the funky GoodTools.....).

Will think about improving this!

Daniel

Did not see your reply until now. That would be really great!

tomtom

A

Anonymous

i'm using the Mame Profile with png files and .my file importer.

waeberd

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2004
    Fribourg (CH)
    oxwald said:
    i'm using the Mame Profile with png files and .my file importer.

oxwald, I can reproduce this now!
    And even if there is no pic in list view there are pics in the <F3> info screen, right?

Will check this! Thanks for reporting,

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom