Myrss Skin File (1 Viewer)

PeterSilie

January 2, 2013
Home Country
Armenia Armenia
Hi,
the Newsplugin (myrss) didn't work with the titan skin (no xml found).
So I copied the one from the DefaultWide skin and made a few changes
to better fit with 1080p and to make the text better readable.
It's just a quick fix, but I like to share it.
Perhaps the Overlay should be changed in advance.
Maybe I do this later.
If anyone likes to tweak it a little bit more, feel free.

Attachments

• myrss.xml
    3.6 KB
Last edited:

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Thank you!!
I tried to get a better look, using the infoservice plugin windows skin for myrss, but I was not able...
Infoservice has a very nice Titan skin, but the plugin itself is not good at all as a lot of rss are not recognized. So the idea is to merge myrss into Infoservice, and to have, also, the news on the bottom of the home screen.
Any idea?

Last edited:

PeterSilie

January 2, 2013
Home Country
Armenia Armenia
Hey great to hear that it helps =)
I also like the idea to have the news on the bottom of the home screen. However I think then you can only use the titles of the news, otherwise it would be too long. I haven't tried infoservice yet and my knowledge of the mp api is very little, but I think, besides the views in the skin, you have to change or extend something in the controller part of titan to bring rss onto the home screen.
Alternatively it's maybe possible to get your issues with infoservice fixed. Sounds like infoservice can't parse all feed formats like atom or others. But I haven't checked.
When I know more I will write it here.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Home Country
France France
Thanks for your help.
Of course (sorry if it was not clear in my previous post) the idea is to have only the titles of the news on the bottom of the home screen!
And please, try to use the infoservice plugin to see how the news are displayed on the skin, and to understand how it works, so that the same thing can be done with myrss.
Another possibility would be to solve the problems that Infoservice has, it seems that the author of this plugin is no longer here, no answer when you post...

ricav

Portal Member
July 9, 2011
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Hey. I have downloaded the .xml but MP will still show an error message saying than myrss.xml is missing or invalid.

Any ideas if this can be fixed please? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom