MySlideShows Plugin - PowerPoint meets MP [UPDATE v0.3] (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Go It

HI Turner

Finally
With the new dll its working ok now.

Sorry i cant go to IRC... im at work now and i dont have acess for that here.

Your appz for test didnt work either (fatal error displayed).. but Mp is working fine now..so....nice going

Issue:
You need to change the position of the launch button since if you have a video or music playing you are not able to see the button. or maybe its a bug from 1.0.20 since it does not stop music if you go in myslideshow (imagine if ppt/pps has music in itsomething has to stop video/music and play the sound from powerpoint)

Keep up the good work.
Goahead

gds

Portal Pro
October 4, 2004
Italy
I really find your idea interesting, but I was wondering if it could be possible to view the slideshows without having office 2003 installed (since I think most people will like the idea but would not be glad of having to buy Office 2003 to enjoy the results of your work...).
I'm thinking about two different solutions (please let me know if they can work or not):
1 - free microsoft office document viewers (if I'm not wrong, you can download Office viewers for free from Microsoft site);
2 - using OpenOffice as the embedded viewer.
Bye.
GDS

Mr. Turner

Portal Member
June 19, 2005
That's some interesting stuff.

I think both can be done.

This will certainly be on the todo-list for version 0.2.

[edit: 1 is done, will upload tomorrow]

Mr. Turner

Mr. Turner

Portal Member
June 19, 2005
Fixed a couple of bugs + music, videos get paused while playing a ppt.

Enjoy!

Development will be paused for 2 weeks now (holidays)

Mr. Turner

A

Anonymous

Hi Turner

Everything ok till now... working with MP 1.2 and Office2003

Ill test it in one machine without office to see if its all ok.

Have a nice vacation 8)

Keep up the good work
Regards
Goahead

dhrto

Portal Pro
October 23, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nice plugin (y)

Hi Mr. Turner,

I just recently stumbled upon this thread and your wonderful plug-in. Although this thread is several months old, I do have a feature request for you:

How about integrating this plug-in with the default shares for My Music, My Videos, etc. I mean, like being able to include multiple shares for the location of the slideshows and the ability to browse folders within these shares, just like with My Music etc. I hope you will consider adding this.

Oh and also, I found a little bug. The installation files/instructions provided only works when you're using the mce-theme, not with other themes. For it to work I needed to extract the skinfiles manually to the other theme-dir's as well. (I use the blue-theme as default).

Mr. Turner

Portal Member
June 19, 2005
Hi,

That's a good feature request and shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Stay tuned. Note it can take a week or so to get it done.

The installation files/instructions provided only works when you're using the mce-theme, not with other themes. For it to work I needed to extract the skinfiles manually to the other theme-dir's as well.
Yeah, at that time I was still using the MCE-skin. Must fix that. But it should work by just copying it all in the correct theme dir.

Mr. Turner

dhrto

Portal Pro
October 23, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow, thanks for the fast reply!

Yep, I got it to work just fine by manually copying the files. But thinking about it, it would probably only be "do-able" to include the files for the default skins included with MP. If someone uses a custom skin, there's no way to know that beforehand right? So may be you should just point that out in the installation instructions just to be sure (and of course provide a description of how to get it to work with custom skins).

I'm looking forward to any updates. No rush though, so don't feel pressurized or something :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom