porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have just decided to put MP on my CAD / DAW workstation - just so I can watch the news etc, when having a sandwich at my desk during my work day.

I have installed as a standalone client, and when I start MP up I just get a blank box on screen.

Find attached the error log. It says that it cannot connect to the MySQL host - which will be on the dedicated media server - firewall seems to be set OK, I can ping the server, I can access shared drives on the server, I can access server via RDC (although I had to use the IP address for the server to achieve this, and not the name 'server' which I use from other PC's)

If you need any other info just shout - and many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I had a re-occurring MySql connection issue over several fresh installs of Windows 7, usually after several months of working fine.

My solution was to create a new user for MySql for MP and assign it the appropriate privileges.

I am not sure if this would be the solution for your situation as I had a test connection option which constantly failed with permission errors and not a blank box as you have.

I am now on Windows 8 and so far the issue has not happened.

Chris

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. The setup is just the same as the other clients, but it is primarily a 'work' machine so MP is not really that important, hence the lack of urgency to get this up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom