MYSQL help needed (1 Viewer)

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had my computer crash and had to shutdown via holding in the power button.

After that Mediaportal would not start. I tried to reinstall and the installer kept hanging at installing of MYSQL 5.6

I unistalled MediaPortal(complete) and MY SQL and then tried to install MP. again it froze on installing MYSQL

I manually installed MYSQL 5.6 after uninstalling. When completing a fresh install of MP the window appeared asking which database to use and when pressing test both boxes went red. and an error box came up with 'Connection Failed!
    Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts'

Any help with what to do next would be appreciated.

Regards

Shadime

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Any help with what to do next would be appreciated.
    Check that the MySQL service is running using task manager. Don't forget to enable viewing processes for all users.
    If it is not running you know where the problem is.
    If it is running then make sure you're executing the MP installer with admin privileges.

mm

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you for your reply.

MySQL service is not running so I uninstalled MySQL and reinstalled MP with admin privileges. but it still froze on installing MySQL.

any ideas on how to get MySQL to work,?

Thanks

Shadime

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    any ideas on how to get MySQL to work,?
    Without any kind of specific technical log information it is really hard to know why the installation is failing. I have no idea what is wrong with MySQL except that maybe some corrupt files were left behind despite the uninstall/reinstall cycles...

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That was my thought as well, I have an HDD image from a few months ago so might reinstall.
    Thanks for your help once again

Shadime

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i have attached logs :)

Also the last time I tried the database test the MYSQL was green and the TV service was red

Attachments

• install_1.8.0.0_2014-08-01_23-16-50 2.txt
      6.2 KB

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is something more going on that I hope the Dev's can help with.
    What is real interesting is the Configuration Log ends at
    [2014-08-02 18:38:59,011] [Config ] [Config Main] [INFO ] - SaveSectionSettings done()

Yet the setup TV log has
    [2014-08-02 18:39:01,039] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ---- SetupTv v1.8.0.0 is starting up on Windows 7 ( Service Pack 1 ) [6.1.7601.65536]
    [2014-08-02 18:39:01,054] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ---- check connection with database ----
    [2014-08-02 18:39:02,521] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - ---- ask user for connection details ----
    [2014-08-02 18:39:04,299] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - SetupDatabaseForm: Added dependency for TvService - MySQL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom