Mysqld.exe locks computer (1 Viewer)

RM59

Portal Member
May 30, 2015
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
LS,

currently running MediaPortal 1 version 17 on my windows desktop (Win10/64bits) I am experiencing a phenomenon where mysqld.exe (5.6.10.0) seems to lock my computer at irregular instances even when MediaPortal is not running, but TvService.exe in the background is.
During those instances for about 20 to 30 seconds all applications become unresponsive whilst mysqld.ex is found in Task Manager taking about 6% CPU (first line below System Idle Process) with TvService.exe just below mysqld.exe .
The lock-down lasts about 20-30 seconds after which mysqld.exe suddenly falls down in CPU and all other applicaton suddenly start up or continue again.
It seems unlikely that CPU is the problem, probably mysqld.exe is occupying a port or anything else (not an expert on this!) which release unblock all other applications and processes.

Possibly there are settings which I can change to eliminate this issue?

Perhaps my analysis is wrong; open for another diagnosis of this problem.
Moreover, any solution to this irritating phenomenon or any 'work-your-way-around' is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

René Meijn
The Netherlands

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello René

My guess is that the MySQL activity you're seeing is either from MySQL doing internal maintenance or TV Server grabbing and storing EPG data.

It seems unlikely that CPU is the problem...
    I agree.

...probably mysqld.exe is occupying a port or anything else (not an expert on this!) which release unblock all other applications and processes.
    With the greatest respect, this is not plausible. :)

With the available information I can only guess that the database activity is causing an HDD to spin up, or security software is scanning/monitoring the activity in minute detail, or something like that.

RM59

Portal Member
    May 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm1352000,

thanks for the suggestions; presently I am trying some alternative setting for the EPG Grabber to verify whether the issue is eliminated.
    I will report on my findings later.

Kind regards,

René Meijn
    The Netherlands

RM59

Portal Member
    May 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All,

following the suggestions received I changed the Settings for 'DVB EPG':
    unticked: Alway try to update existing entries​
    and
    ticked: Grab EPG only for channels on same transponder​
    which caused the locking-phenomenon caused by mysqld.exe to disappear.
    Problem solved!
    Many thanks for helping me out.

Kind regards,

René Meijn
    The Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom