MyStreams Plugin (2 Viewers)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    bradyph, I always get the error, when I try to open "plugins" section in MP-console.
    After that the section is opened, but without your plugin

hi brsdph for me the samething, and i olso try clean instul with no plugin at all exsept "MyStreams Plugin"
    and still the error come up :rolleyes:
    hoop you can fix it ... thank's

bradyph

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    bounguine, ysmp: cool thanks for the update at least I think I know where to look now :) I'll look into it and get back to you.

Note to self never rely on the memory of something thats sandwiched in between two mammoth drinking binges :rolleyes: I was working away on the plugin and realised I'd forgotten to finish the damn editing section of config :oops: (adding and saving are fine) so am just chucking that bit in now and will then move do the gui. it shouldnt really take too long but the problem is that I dont think I'll have it ready for you guys tonight :(. I have to head out tomorrow after work (no not to the boozer lol) but will def get stuck in again on thurs night ;)

appologies on the delay guys but dont fret I'm quite anxious to get an update out especially to help fix the errors the two lads above are having.

take it handy :)

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    GREAT, GREAT plugin!!
    Finally an easy way to watch NASA TV, etc.
    Fantastic! :D

It would be great if an external player can be selected for each stream...That way it may also be possible to use Sopcast, TVAnts, TVU, Afreeca, PPLive, PPMate, PPStream, SINA Live, Swarmplayer, TVKoo, UUSee, VGO, Veetle and other streamingclients.
    Because I don't think streams for those programs can be played in MP directly..., can they? :confused:

bradyph

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    hi guys, I'm planning to put proper support for sopcast (ie setup your channels in MP and let it direct sopcast) which by side effect should work with some if not most of the other p2p streamers :)

At the moment you can get sopcast channel playing in MP by running sopcast normally on another pc (or indeed on the same one as mediaportal). once sopcast is running and you have a channel streaming you need to have a stream in mystreams defined for the address http://127.0.0.1:8902/tv.asf <- this points to your sopcast stream

if running sopcast on another pc on your network (not your mediaportal machine) remember to replace the ip address 127.0.0.1 with the IP of the machine running sopcast and ensure that any firewalls are letting the traffic through :)

hope this tides ye over till Implement the sopcast thing properly :)

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi bradyph

I'm also getting the "the plugin is incompatible with this version of MP" error.
    I'm dying to test this plugin out. Hope you'll find a solution soon.

bradyph

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Update v 0.0.9

Hi all,

sorry for delaying again >.<

I've updated the first post with a new version of the plugin, its still fairly rough around the edges but grouping streams is now possible and I rebuild the dll using the latest source and version of media portal in an attempt to fix the incompatable plugin error that some of you were having (fingers crossed) as I still havent replicated it yet :(.

now that xmas is over and i'm back to work things should settle down a bit and I plan to devote more time to coding this thing, as mentioned earlier I want to try get it working with sopcast (and hopefully more) once I've done this I'll sort out the skins and adding logos etc..

I was also talking to Esprit about us porting this or writing a version for TV server once this is complete so I will keep you posted on any news on that if and when anything happens :)

keep the suggestions you are having coming in as its still at a point where I can factor in things for now anyway :) and let me know if that "plugin is incompatible with this version of MP" is still about ;)

btw if some of you already have lists created and don't want to re-enter them you can manually edit the Mystreams.xml file and setup groups by adding group tags around a list of channels:

eg

old format sample:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <MyStreams>
    <Settings>
    <MenuName>My Streams</MenuName>
    </Settings>
    <Channel ID="003">
    <StreamName>Lan Sopcast</StreamName>
    <URL>http://192.168.1.104:8902/tv.asf</URL>
    <IsVideo>true</IsVideo>
    </Channel>
    <Channel ID="003">
    <StreamName>EuroNews</StreamName>
    <URL>http://wwitv.com/a1/6645.asx</URL>
    <IsVideo>true</IsVideo>
    </Channel>
    </MyStreams>

New format sample:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <MyStreams>
    <Settings>
    <MenuName>My Streams 1</MenuName>
    </Settings>
    <Group ID="Group Name">
    <Channel ID="003">
    <StreamName>Lan Sopcast</StreamName>
    <URL>http://192.168.1.104:8902/tv.asf</URL>
    <IsVideo>true</IsVideo>
    </Channel>
    <Channel ID="003">
    <StreamName>EuroNews</StreamName>
    <URL>http://wwitv.com/a1/6645.asx</URL>
    <IsVideo>true</IsVideo>
    </Channel>
    </Group>
    </MyStreams>

and change Group Name to name of your group.

Cheers
    P

bradyph

Portal Member
    June 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    thanks for the update ysmp :) shit thought it might have been a glitch between code bases, I'll see what I can do, I'll also look at building a debug version to try locate the point where its failing to load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom