MyTorrents (2 Viewers)

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Build for MediaPortal 0.2.2.0 SVN 14454 is here:

http://projects.c3o.com/mediaportal/plugins.svn.14454.zip

Please post & PM me if you run into any problems. I don't always get notified when there are new posts.

Wow that was fast. Thanks! Gonna try it out right now. :D

Edit:
Well I was able to add 2 feeds but now the third didn't work. Maybe it is too long? I'd really like to get it to work. :/
Here is the link without my passkey and homepage:
hxxp://www.(a_torrent_site).org/rss.php?feed=dl&cat=231&cat=90&cat=95&cat=245&cat=246&cat=270&cat=70&cat=1&cat=104&cat=5&cat=121&cat=9&cat=12&cat=23&cat=154&cat=22&cat=71&cat=202&cat=160&cat=75&cat=88&cat=253&cat=162&cat=77&cat=189&cat=127&cat=263&cat=165&cat=190&cat=264&cat=265&cat=76&cat=286&cat=41&cat=25&cat=114&cat=244&cat=45&cat=47&cat=51&cat=291&cat=53&cat=61&cat=7&cat=293&cat=299&cat=4&cat=302&cat=129&cat=111&cat=68&passkey=(secret-passkey)&passkey=(my-secret-passkey)

Edit2:
Getting an error in uTorrent when trying to start a download.

Error in uTorrent:
Can't load temp.torrent: Invalid torrent file.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a few problems with torrents which get truncated:

temp3.torrent is downloaded by MP
    the other by firefox

could you look into this problem ?

thx

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005

the other by firefox

thx

Okay fixed the first one. It was the single quote ( ' ) in the title. Pull down the latest svn and try again.

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005

http://projects.c3o.com/mediaportal/plugins.svn.14454.zip

Please post & PM me if you run into any problems. I don't always get notified when there are new posts.

Wow that was fast. Thanks! Gonna try it out right now. :D

Edit:
    Well I was able to add 2 feeds but now the third didn't work. Maybe it is too long? I'd really like to get it to work. :/
    Here is the link without my passkey and homepage:
    hxxp://www.(a_torrent_site).org/rss.php?feed=dl&cat=231&cat=90&cat=95&cat=245&cat=246&cat=270&cat=70&cat=1&cat=104&cat=5&cat=121&cat=9&cat=12&cat=23&cat=154&cat=22&cat=71&cat=202&cat=160&cat=75&cat=88&cat=253&cat=162&cat=77&cat=189&cat=127&cat=263&cat=165&cat=190&cat=264&cat=265&cat=76&cat=286&cat=41&cat=25&cat=114&cat=244&cat=45&cat=47&cat=51&cat=291&cat=53&cat=61&cat=7&cat=293&cat=299&cat=4&cat=302&cat=129&cat=111&cat=68&passkey=(secret-passkey)&passkey=(my-secret-passkey)

Edit2:
    Getting an error in uTorrent when trying to start a download.

Error in uTorrent:
    Can't load temp.torrent: Invalid torrent file.

Make sure you can open & downoad the torrent with UT outside of MP. If it works outside of MP then there maybe a bug in the plugin.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Make sure you can open & download the torrent with UT outside of MP. If it works outside of MP then there maybe a bug in the plugin.

Can't find the temp.torrent files anywhere. Maybe you mean download the torrent file from rss with Firefox? That works of cause.

What about the other error then? :rolleyes:

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

the other by firefox

thx

Okay fixed the first one. It was the single quote ( ' ) in the title. Pull down the latest svn and try again.

Thank you for the fast fix
    Where can I find this file ?

the plugin .svn.14454.zip does not work :)

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005
    Make sure you can open & download the torrent with UT outside of MP. If it works outside of MP then there maybe a bug in the plugin.

Can't find the temp.torrent files anywhere. Maybe you mean download the torrent file from rss with Firefox? That works of cause.

What about the other error then? :rolleyes:

I wanted you to test the feed from firefox or IE. Sounds like you did that and it worked fine.

When you use the plugin it downloads the torrent file from the server are stores it in the \torrents folder. The file is named tempN.torrent where N is 1,2,3..etc. So when you try to download a file you should see something like temp1.torrent in the torrents folder. Once the file is on disk the plugin tells the OS to run it like this:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("temp1.torrent");

Based on the file name the OS sends it to uTorrent or Azureus or whatever software you have associated with .torrent. From your desciption it sounds like UT does not like the .torrent file.

Suggest you try it again and take a look at the \torrents folder when you get an error and see if the file is there and if you can open it manually.

If you can send me a working rss feed I can try it as well.

fcsobel

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2005

the other by firefox

thx

Thank you for the fast fix
    Where can I find this file ?

the plugin .svn.14454.zip does not work :)

What do you mean by it does not work? Are you unable to pull down the zip file?

mike.italy

May 5, 2007
    many compliments for this awesome plugin!!! :)

i have just installed it and it works fine for me except for one thing, when i click on a link from mytorrents rss in mediaportal,an utorrent window pops up telling "invalid torrent file". I renamed the temp .torrent in the \Torrents folder to .htm and i noticed that it showed the whole torrentspy html torrent page, because in the rss i used (http://www.torrentspy.com/rss.asp?mode=search&query=my+keyword ) there were only links to specific torrents pages, not to torrent files themselves.

i think that this could be an issue, because the majority of torrent websites are in english, hence a rss from a search query (such as keyword+ita for italian language torrents) would be the only really useful option for a mytorrents non-english user, and a specific search query rss feed would be useful to everyone else too probably..I wonder if it could be possible for mytorrents to parse the html page linked from the rss of some famous torrent sites (like torrentspy), searching for a download link. do you think it may be a good idea?...

ps: this is an example of a torrentspy link in rss

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1125759/DJDB_The_Beat_2007_A_Creative_Commons_Mix

this is the real torrent link:

http://cache.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=1125759

if mytorrents could just parse and replace the torrentspy rss feed then it wouldn't even need to parse the html page i think..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom