MyTrailers plugin (1 Viewer)

Hunzvi

September 16, 2005
Would it be possible for the plugin to cache the trailers that have been viewed or to be able to set it to download a whole number of trailers so those with slow connections or bandwidth limits (us in AUS and NZ) can watch the trailes over and over without having to stream them every time?

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Hi Hunzvi,

Would it be possible for the plugin to cache the trailers that have been viewed or to be able to set it to download a whole number of trailers so those with slow connections or bandwidth limits (us in AUS and NZ) can watch the trailes over and over without having to stream them every time?

Well it surely can be done. But i am still learning C#, so it will take me some time. I will give it a try soon. :wink:

Greets, Zipperzip

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Very cool plugin! I am wondering why we can't use Quicktime alternative as an option to view .mov files from apple trailers. I thought that the makers of MP were working with using some of the older codex from that... I may be wrong. I have quicktime alternative and it's a free download. Maybe you could include these files or codex's in your download to view mov files from apple. Just a thought. Maybe in the plugin setup you could allow us to use a different viewer... like Quicktime alt or zoomplayer....

I went out and stole this from the apple trailer plugin from meedio:

Requirements:
    Requires Microsoft .NET 1.1

Meedio will not play streaming QuickTime movies with the internal player. There are two ways to resolve this:

* Use an external player capable of playing streaming Quicktime videos. I suggest Media Player Classic with QuickTime Alternative codecs which you can download from http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1049831315/1

* You can download the trailers and follow the instructions in this FAQ to use Zoom Player.

Cojo

Portal Member
    September 1, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would just love to see this thing inside My Movies. So i get an extra button in My Movies that can show the trailer (if there is one at yahoo trailers) of the selected movie.
    Perhaps place the button in the same screen as the info from imdb.

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Really love this plugin 8)

Anyway, hereby the dutch translations of the strings (to be inserted in de dutch strings.xml file)
    <string>
    <id>5900</id>
    <value>Mijn Trailers</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5901</id>
    <value>Laat films zien</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5902</id>
    <value>Welke films laten zien?</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5903</id>
    <value>nieuw toegevoegde films</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5904</id>
    <value>Meest bekeken films</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5905</id>
    <value>Alle films</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5906</id>
    <value>Trailers</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5907</id>
    <value>Clips</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5908</id>
    <value>Meer</value>
    </string>
    <string>
    <id>5909</id>
    <value>Kan film niet laden!</value>
    </string>

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Hi VideoViking,

Somewhat of topic maybe, but I'm trying to learn some also. Did you use a tutorial or something you can recommend?
    Thanks

I learned a lot from this: Absolute Beginner's Video

Still have to follow a couple of lessons :wink: .

Don't forget Frodo's tutorial, big help for me.

In this plugin i used a lot of Regular Expression. Couldn't have done it without this program: Expresso

And ofcourse our internetsearch-friend: google :lol:

Greets,

Zipperzip

Zipperzip

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Hi ASiDiE,

I tryed to get trailers from the apple-site, but the site isn't very logical so you get lots of errors.
    With this i mean that before you get to the trailers you sometimes have to "browse" through 3 pages.
    Sometimes it has all the trailers on one page, sometimes they have one page for each trailer. Sometimes they use large-html for a page sometimes high-html. Its very complex to program, atleast for me :wink: .

I also tryed to use MPC to stream .mov files, but i find using an external player within MP not super.

I am hoping that this project grows more mature: DirectShowNET Library If they can support to stream movies, then maybe a dev with more experions can integrate it in MP. This would mean that we can use Quicktime Alternative to play/stream movies in MP.

Greets, Zipperzip

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Yea, I don't really know how the other plugin in doing it. I think it just displays the newest trailers on the site.. and then you can put them in a list.

I am really hoping that this project mature's because I have requested something like this before. It's looking really good so far (from the screen shots) and I know others have wanted something like this. Keep up the good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom