MyTV: deleting show from conflicts deletes all scheduled not simply single show time (1 Viewer)

2themaxx

Portal Member
April 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 0.2
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3+svn:14973
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Window XP Service Pack 2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3300+
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 160GB
Memory: 1GB PC 2700 (2x512)
Motherboard: Epox 8KRAI pro
Motherboard Chipset: VIA Apollo KT880 Chipset
Motherboard Bios: Award/Phoenix Bios 6.0
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 (128MB)
Video Card Driver: Latest (as of 7 April 2007)
Sound Card: HDA X-Plosion
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: Latest (as of 7 April 2007)
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Win-TV PVR 250
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: 1.18 and middleware 2.3
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI Video Codec
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Time Warner Communications
HTPC Case: Tower ATX
Cooling: Case Fan, HD Fan
Power Supply: House Brand 500W
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button
TV: Panasonic 27"
TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I just upgraded from 0.2.2 stable, and this is my first bug report, so something may have changed along the way that I'm not aware of. Simply put, whenever I attempt to delete a single record slot instance from either the conflicts menu, or the schedule on a show which I have set to "record every time on this channel" ends up deleting all scheduled shows of the same name. The step-by-step is below.

1. Select a show using either search or Guide
2. Select "Record every time on this channel" (or record every week at this time)
3. Check conflicts to see if it bumps into any currently scheduled recordings
4. when looking at a single conflict (say a rerun of a previously scheduled recording), If select delete for the previously scheduled show
5. go back to scheduled recordings and see that the entire schedule for that show is deleted.
6. I have the same behavior if I simply select a show with multiple upcoming recordings from schedule (select delete from the menu, and it deletes the entire show, not only the single recording).

The only way I can see to "deselect" individual shows from either weekly, or "record every time" is to select the setttings option from under the schedule and then I can deselect indivdual showings from the program information window.

This behavior has changed from 0.2.2 stable

Does anyone know if this change was intentional?

edit:
Upon further inspection, #6 only affects programs in "scheduled recordings" which have more than 1 episode upcoming (I have 13 days of epg). The menu for shows which have a recurring schedule (record every week at xxx or record every time on this channel), but have only 1 episode found in the EPG show a 5 option menu when "menu" or "ok" is pressed, whereas the shows with multiple scheduled recordings only show 3 options. (See screenshots 1-5)
Again, the only way to delete a single instance of a show is to go into settings, and then select each individual show (screenshots 6-7). I preferred the older method of being able to select single episodes for deletion from the conflicts window.

2themaxx

Portal Member
April 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Bump...
Is this behavior by design, or am I looking at a change from 0.2.2 stable to 0.2.3 and beyond? If its by design, then I'd like to request that it be changed to the old style (ability to delete individual recordings from the main scheduled menu) as a feature request. Thanks!

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Bump again.

I can confirm this, it's really an annoying bug and still present in 0.2.3.0 final!
I started missing recordings I had planned before, even though I did not delete the entire recordingschedule for that program!I looked into it and this was caused by exactly the same bug you describe!
This way, it's just a pain unfortunately to schedule recordings easily. :(

Also, the schedules give conflicts when I KNOW and can SEE in the tv-guide that it shouldn't be a conflict!

Also, after recording several programs MP sometimes just stops recording the next program. If you then want to start watching that channel or tv in general it gives the error message: unable to start streambuffersink filter :confused: ??

Only closing MP and starting it up again resolves this problem.
I hope people here keep this thread alive and come up with a solution, because these are really annoying bugs.

EDIT:
...I preferred the older method of being able to select single episodes for deletion from the conflicts window. If its by design, then I'd like to request that it be changed to the old style (ability to delete individual recordings from the main scheduled menu) as a feature request.
a big DEFINITELY!!!! I can't grasp why this is changed... :eek: If someone could explain the benefits, please do :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom