MyTV: JSTV Series-Recordings wont start (1 Viewer)

hans

Portal Member
September 20, 2006
MediaPortal Version: SVN 10-28-2006 Rev11379
Windows Version: WinXp SP2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000+
Memory: 1x 512MB PC3200
Motherboard: MSI K8NGM-V
Video Card: ASUS EN6200LE
Video Card Driver: 9.1.3.1
1. TV Card: Technisat SS2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.4.0.0
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13E + Astra 19E
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA+Composite

Hello All

I am looking at the following problem: On of the channels we are watching is JSTV. This is a mostly scrambled japanese Program on Hotbird which broadcasts a few free news programs. We are trying to set a timer recording to catch some of them with a manual Mo-Fr fixed time multiple series recording. However (with or without Power Scheduler) the recording simply doesnt want to start. The interesting thing is that it records OK when we schedule a manual single recording for one time only.

I have tried and checked the following over the last weeks:
1. It is not related to day change over midnight. Recordings wont start even its from 10 to 11pm.
2. Its not related for a signal being present. I have moved the recording start well after the free section of JSTV starts and still the multiple recording wont start.
3. I have used wake up from hibernation (power scheduler) or system allways on. The series recording wont start, Single recording does OK.
4. Its not related to a specifc PC. I have 2 MP PCs and both show the same behaviour.

I have discussed this problem with testers allready, without success.

As an example I have attched the log of a typical failure. Manual multiple series recording is set from Mon-Fri 22:05-23:05. (News program is a free broadcast after 22:00) Power Scheduler set this recording at 19:58 as the next wakeup time before hibernation. I turned TV on manually to JSTV shortly after 22:00 and waited for the recording to start. It didnt start by 22:06 so I programmed another single (!) manual schedule 22:00-23:00 and as soon as I entered it the recording started. The screen shot from 22:11 shows the situation: Manual Recording 22:00 - 23:00 running and the recording for the next day 22:05-23:05 waiting (but I can bet money that it will not start).

Any clues ???

Cheers, T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom