MYTV Locks up and Crashes (1 Viewer)

mojuk

Portal Member
January 6, 2006
Home Country
England England
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: A8N-E (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Pinnacle 300i DVBT
TV Card Type: DVB
TV Card Driver: 1.3.2.0 - 03/12/2004
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 7800 GT (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 81.84
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: 5.12.10.1162 - 29/08/2005
Synopsis::

Hey guys, i am a hardened MP user and have been using the program for over a year now and have always managed to figure out my little problems i've encountered by using the forums but i have finally forced to concede defeat and register and beg you for help :)

The 'MYTV' area of my MP installation has configured and setup the channels fine. When i go into the 'MYTV' function it starts tv and runs it fine - if you try to browse the channels using the channel left and right button the picture dissapears and the program hangs - the audio from the new channel that i select comes through fine tho so it seems it has changed but i guess its having some issue with processing the video stream not sure :s you guys r the pro's not me, im just a poor computer science student lol

any help would be appreciated

cheers

moj

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Your Video Render Type should be set to VMR9 as your card should support it. Also, do you have exclusive directx mode on? Give those a shot, I have no idea if that will fix your problem, but it can't hurt.

mojuk

Portal Member
January 6, 2006
Home Country
England England
works perfectly now :D thanks very much dude. Not sure on how to set the exclusive Direct X mode if it has one?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Exclusive DirectX mode is in the MediaPortal configuration program, just click on General and it is near the bottom of General Settings. Though perhaps if it is working fine now this is not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom