MyTV: MediaPortal crashes when resizing television window (1 Viewer)

dmakfan

Portal Member
October 16, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: AMD 2500+
HDD: Seagate 40GB
Memory: 1Gig
Motherboard: Asus
Motherboard Chipset: ?
Motherboard Bios: ?
Video Card: MSI 5200FX
Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.6371
Sound Card: SBLive Value
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.2.252
1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR 150
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.35.23348
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Bell ExpressVu

Hello,

When I'm watching TV, and I try and resize the TV window (when the controls are hidden) by stretching the window, or if I try to go to full screen mode, MediaPortal seems to crash in that video seems to freeze. Audio still works fine. MP still seems to be getting all my mouse events though because when I try and click on the taskbar or something, nothing happens. But if I alt-tab to another application, I can get control again.

Looking at the error.log file, it's full of DirectX errors. I have installed the latest version of DirectX and for my video card drivers though. Error.log is attached, which should capture me starting TV and then trying to go to full screen.

Cheers!
Dave

Schors

October 23, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

i have exactly the same Problem. Same TV Card, but i saw the same Problem in another Thread with another Card. My Specs:

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: XP
CPU Type: AMD64 4000+
Memory: 1GB
Motherboard: MSI
Motherboard Chipset: VIA K8T800 Pro
Video Card: ATI Radeon x1300xt
Video Card Driver: newest
Sound Card: XFi Xtreme Audio
Sound Card Driver: newest
1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR 150
1. TV Card Driver: newest

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I believe this problem has been reported many times before. Basically, don't resize the window ;-)

/Peter

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Seriously? :) Everyone using MP just watches TV in a window and not full-screen?

99% of the MP users run MP always in the full screen on a HTPC :) That's one of the reasons why it's still an unfixed bug. Also it's not a bug that can be fixed without bigger changes to MP.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had MP RC2 running on an AMD 3100+, 9600XT, etc in which resizing would HANG the MP program. It wouuldn't ever pop-up the crash, but you'd have to open TaskManager or reboot to gain control.

With my new Abit AN-M2HD system running RC3 and a BE-2350 I can resize on the fly! I can drag, fullscreen or alt-enter with only a delay as it executes the task. For files it will pause, play the opening frame and restart where it was. For DVDs it will restart at the opening of the DVD.

Either way, just shutdown any playing files/DVDs, return to the main menu and perform your resize... this always works.

Schors

October 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since i am changing frequently from fullscreen to window mode, looking for emails, browse, ..., i think this may not be the right application for watching tv (on my pc) for me :(
    Maybe that bug will be fixed in another 1,5 years, but until then i have to find another program.
    Does anyone know a freeware tv application - beside DScaler- to watch tv on a hauppauge pvr ?

Thanks
    Schors

dmakfan

Portal Member
    October 16, 2007
    VLC and MPlayer are my two favourite stand-alone playback programs. They play just about everything and have some nice filters (for upscaling, deinterlacing, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom