MyTV Plugin (1 Viewer)

cheffe97

Portal Pro
August 10, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Not a big one but...
channel selection is not very userfriendly I think.
Could u pls. implement it in a way that channel button opens a menu with all channels (with channel icons) and through a click on one channel tunes to that channel and closes the menu?
You can see this functionality in myHTPC.
Thanks

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you can also select a channel in full screen by typing the number using the number keys.

I know this is about the non full screen, but thought I'd mention it anyways.

We do want a different way to switch channels in the GUI yes.
    We just don't know what would be the best way.

Ricardoduarte

Portal Member
    August 18, 2004
    I think a good way is a grid (like a table) in the bottom screen where we can chosse for example 10 prefered channels...just clik and go. with png images of the chennels..

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    channel select

as I mentioned before... it might be a good idea to check what myHTPC offers. I think it is the best method without putting too many butons on one screen.

cheffe97

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    cannot upload pix

Hi,
    prepared some pix from myHTPC. Unfortunately I do not see a chance to upload them here. If nobody with webspace gives me an email adress where I can send the pix to I will not be able to provide.

Anyways... here are my ideas how to implement the channel list:

I would suggest to have a button called "Channels" in windowing mode (means live TV is a small window to the right) that opens a menu similar to channels.jpg with maybe an arrow button on top and in the bottom of the list to scroll.
    In fullscreen one left mouseclick could open a menu (similar to menu.jpg)with the same button "channels" and maybe buttons for Pause, record, Play, Stop,...
    I will add another request for having the possibilty to use Videotext (don't know if this a international thing). Then we would need another button to switch to Videotext and back to TV.
    Need more pix? Just tell me and I will be happy to provide :)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have PM'd you with an FTP site.
    Dump it there and the pass the details onto MrMario.

DMAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom