MyTVSeries - Plugin that organizes TV Video Files (5 Viewers)

Should I implement an automatic file organizer to move and rename files?

• Total voters

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Salty - So great that you have picked up the ball fixing this problem and adding new features! So great! So great!

Mike

Salty.dh

Portal Member
    April 20, 2006
    You're Welcome

You're all entirely welcome. Hope I can find the time to deliver! Besides taking it on wasn't exactly selfless I use this plugin too you know. ;)

Salty.

Salty.dh

Portal Member
    April 20, 2006
    True for the majority of this project i would image too.

I think it proves your point nicely!

- Agreed.

Salty.

whendrix

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi Salty,

That is very very good news. Thanks in advance for your effort, looking forward to trying it out since I'm not really motivated to rename hundreds of files :)

Wim

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    whendrix: I have asked that before too and the answer is that the plugin only parses the filename.. Not the directory structure. So the filename needs to contain: Series name, Season and Episode.
    :?

But I see that this plugin once again is under development which is very good so perhaps it can parse the directories in the future? That would be a very nice feature. :D

whendrix

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Belgium
    @ Glith: Yes, I noticed your posts :)

I think a directory structure based import should be implemented because as far as I understand, at the moment you need tio have ALL episodes of ALL seasons of ALL series in 1 directory and name them properly. Personally, I prefer a more organised way of storing things.

Like I said, I'm switching from Meedio since they stopped development. I'm still finding my way around in MP but this is a potential show-stopper for me.

Anyway, I'm gonna see and wait what's going to happen with this plugin so already big thanks to anybody working on this! :)

Wim

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have also moved from Meedio so we are in the same boat.. :D

For now I have used a nice toold found in the downloads section that allowes to rename files with regexps. Quite nice..

But since the plugin has currently some problems with tv.com I cant use it. But a new version is on the way if I have read the posts correctly. =)

One thing I miss from Meedio is the ability to import from within MP. If I download some new episode of a series i dont want to exit MP, run the setup and use the plugin to import the new episode. I want to simply use MP and is automatically imports any new episodes(or maybe with an option to import any new episodes).

I also miss the nice database structure and the different importers meedio had. Since I have lots of different movies which I dont want to end up in the same "View"(My movies) in MP.

whendrix

Portal Member
    October 16, 2005
    Belgium
    Well, browsing the forums here, there seem to be quite some people coming from Meedio :)

Anyway, I completely agree with what you wrote, import from inside MP would be nice.

Without going too much off-topic I also agree on the database stuff but maybe that's my current lack of knowledge concerning MP. At the moment, I have the impression that databases were done nicer in Meedio, more flexible to work with. For instance I'm also looking into a way to create seperate media libraries in MP for movies, documentaries, sports, concerts... In Meedio it was very easy to create yourself such a structure and link it to a menu entry. At the moment I'm still figuring out how to do that in MP although I must admit I still have to do the RTFM bit somewhat more;-)

Wim

bedlam

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    there is already an import function from within MP.
    Try F9 and then the fourth menualternative somewhat cryptically named "Import new Videos" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom