MyVideos coverart behavior (1 Viewer)

boblblah

January 26, 2009
I am curious why a import to database of video files doesn't check their respective folders for existing coverart. If i have all files in their own folders, I wonder why it would rather use the grabber and remote files. I used to use meedios, before that meedio, and before that myhtpc. If current coverart was available in the folder that contains one and only one movie, could there not be an option to "prefer local coverart" if there is in fact coverart and you have the option selected that dictates each movie is in it's own folder.

It is simply an issue to me of naming, whereby movies now have titles that have been remade over the years so many times that there is never one correct answer from imdb or anywhere else. I would hope that had i gone to all the trouble to get the correct coverart myself that i could have that preferred.

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    +1
    I couldn't agree more.
    It's really a pain when you have nice coverart for each movie in the folder and when you do a reinstall or refresh movie info, this coverart is replaced by another perhaps not so correct picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom