[Videos] MYVideos DB- Support for other Types than Movies. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I would love to have MyVideos supporting other "stuff" than only Movies. Something like Tv Series, Anime, Documentary, MusicVideos,... and all other videos, online databases exists. This could be done by using different scrappers for different data source folders. I have a folder containing my movies and I set the scrapper to (e.G.) IMDB, have a folder with all my MusicVideos and set the scrapper to Last FM, the series Folder uses TheTVDB scrapper, and so on... So we can use MyVideos for all video related stuff and have a better "out of the box" experience also.
    I know, Series are something special, but probably we can use a "group" for a single series and in this group we have other groups for the seasons...

This could be the next huge step forward in MyVideos development, I believe. But what do others think about this...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It exists in MP2 already, and I've talked to Deda earlier about this and he thinks it's manageable but needs Team Decision. That did not mean he'll do it (or not) but that it's possible...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why are you reviving a 3 years old thread?
    We have all the necessary plugins for that request :whistle:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    We have all the necessary plugins for that request
    For the music video is no plugin. mvCentral not able to work with albums (album in the same video file), only single songs. And there is a problem of imports, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom