[no Bug] MyVideos doesn't seem to import the MyMovies nfo files using internal grabber. (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

I use MyMovies to rip, store and catalogue by film collection. I understood that the new myvideos would allow for the use of the nfo that can be created to get the details of cover art, info etc. However, upon selecting this option I get no details about the film apart from the cover art, which does not even match what mymovies has downloaded... Is MyVideos capable of using the nfo file from MyMovies?

Thanks,

CHris

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Would be nice if you attached the .nfo file so I can test it directly. I see that it don't match either so logfiles should be attached to see what's going on.

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Ronilse

I've fixed this now, seemed to have an issue with scanning and stuff. works like a charm.

Edit:: Doesn't seemed have picked up the run time information though. attached NFO file[DOUBLEPOST=1355530731][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure if the files where attached, hopefully they are this time!

Attachments

• movie.zip
      2 KB
    Last edited:

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yeah seems to not import duration from the file you have, format are different so it can be, but that the dev @Deda should be able to answer :)

Regards
    Roy

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok so although the films are now recognised and display the information from the nfo files (apart from run-time), I'm now getting a cannot play error. Basically I use MyMovies to rip the films to a folder rather than as an ISO and they play like this fine in XBMC but so far I have not been able to start them in MP in this format. Is a fully ripped DVD/Blueray supported in folder in MP in MyVideos?

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am having problems getting MyVideos to import nfo files. It imports nothing. I can see it scanning through all my directories but when it's done and I go to the movie database editor it's empty. If I set it to not build a database and just use the nfo files, when I am flipping through the movies all I get is the fanart and no descriptions. This happens on all 4 of my MePo systems.

Here's an example of my directory structure:

E:\Videos\New Movies\Any Movie (2012)\

folder.jpg
    Any Movie (2012).avi
    Any Movie(2012).xml
    movie.nfo
    movie.xml

Last edited:

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am having problems getting MyVideos to import nfo files. It imports nothing. I can see it scanning through all my directories but when it's done and I go to the movie database editor it's empty. If I set it to not build a database and just use the nfo files, when I am flipping through the movies all I get is the fanart and no descriptions. This happens on all 4 of my MePo systems.
    Hi GTFreymann,

If you pop in to the mymovies settings, under the metadata option tick storenfo files for popcorn hour YAGM. This will store the NFO at the right directory level and allow MP to import into myvideos. I found that I had to do it via MP not configuration.

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm generating my nfo files through Media Center Master and trying to get MyVideos and Moving Pictures to import from those, thus saving 2 or 3 programs from doing all the work and concentrating on just one doing the leg work. This is especially important for me as I have 4 MePo computers all working on building their local movie info, with each box having two different programs doing the same work. That adds up to 8 programs doing duplicate work on my movie collection.

I'd rather have Media Center Master do the work once and have the MePo computers import the nfo file.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to import everything from internal?
    I generate everything with Ember Media Manager. On Moving Pictures it works fine (cover, fanart, infos, etc)
    I just want to ask because i would like to change to mymovies so i don't need another plug in. I like to save more and more plug ins
    and use more and more out of the box because of the performance.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible to import everything from internal?
    I generate everything with Ember Media Manager. On Moving Pictures it works fine (cover, fanart, infos, etc)
    I just want to ask because i would like to change to mymovies so i don't need another plug in. I like to save more and more plug ins
    and use more and more out of the box because of the performance.
    Yes, as long as the NFO file is setup like in the Myvideos wiki then it will import all the required information, including fan art, cover details, reviews, run time, details etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom