[no Bug] MyVideos doesn't seem to import the MyMovies nfo files using internal grabber. (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm generating my nfo files through Media Center Master and trying to get MyVideos and Moving Pictures to import from those, thus saving 2 or 3 programs from doing all the work and concentrating on just one doing the leg work. This is especially important for me as I have 4 MePo computers all working on building their local movie info, with each box having two different programs doing the same work. That adds up to 8 programs doing duplicate work on my movie collection.

I'd rather have Media Center Master do the work once and have the MePo computers import the nfo file.
    If you're using Media Centre Master to create and catalogue your movies, why do you need MyMovies?[DOUBLEPOST=1355694899][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Probably should have posted that myself! Cheers P.D.

Hopefully Binnerup will incorporate this as a new setting so we get full import of meta data from another catalogue software.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I will try to add soon extra wiki page with description of all supported tags and values format which MP can handle (currently).

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I will try to add soon extra wiki page with description of all supported tags and values format which MP can handle (currently).
    i should update my post, about NFO support for common structure ! For MP and software for compatibilty !

For Others, try XBNE ! i know he work with MP ( after long time has harassed Deda with this ... ;) )
    And as describe in wiki, Movie.nfo not work ! only videofilename.nfo

gtfreymann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm generating my nfo files through Media Center Master and trying to get MyVideos and Moving Pictures to import from those, thus saving 2 or 3 programs from doing all the work and concentrating on just one doing the leg work. This is especially important for me as I have 4 MePo computers all working on building their local movie info, with each box having two different programs doing the same work. That adds up to 8 programs doing duplicate work on my movie collection.

I'd rather have Media Center Master do the work once and have the MePo computers import the nfo file.
    If you're using Media Centre Master to create and catalogue your movies, why do you need MyMovies?[DOUBLEPOST=1355694899][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Probably should have posted that myself! Cheers P.D.

Hopefully Binnerup will incorporate this as a new setting so we get full import of meta data from another catalogue software.

I was going to go with MyVideos only in fact. But I have two issues with 1.3.0 beta that are making that impossible.

1) MyVideos isn't importing the nfo files created by MCM
    2) Two of my four computers won't even show the folders on the Videos screen using the default wide skin

To resolve issue #2 I am installing PureVision HD skin instead.

To resolve issue #1 I forwarded the wiki specs of the MP nfo file to the author of MCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom