MyVideos - Infinite loop on "Insert Disc" dialog (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you select a movie to play from within MP which is located on a DVD and there is no media present in the DVD drive a dialog is displayed to mount the correct media. If you then press ENTER one time you are cought in an infinite loop if you want to cancel the process. Insted of canceling the procedure if you press ESC the dialog is displayed again and again. Only way to get out is to cancel MP via task manager.

Pressing ESC directly after the dialog box is displayed for the first time works as expected.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
If you select a movie to play from within MP which is located on a DVD and there is no media present in the DVD drive
how can you please select a movie on a dvd when there is no dvd in your drive?

also follow the bugreport rules, we do not write those guidelines for fun. ;)

- The bug is present for a very long time. It has last been verified with the SVN from today.
- Hardware specs are available from "My System" link however the bug does not depend on hardware.
- You can select a movie on a dvd without beeing present in the drive from within the "My Video" plugin if a view is selected which displays the contens of the movie database and not the physical folder structure.

Sorry for not beeing precise enough.

grubi.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    - Hardware specs are available from "My System" link however the bug does not depend on hardware.
    you still have to attach the complete hardwarespecificaton which is added automatically when you start an thread
    you also have to attach logs which were created when the issue occured

keep in mind that incomplete reports might get deleted without any warning.

- You can select a movie on a dvd without beeing present in the drive from within the "My Video" plugin if a view is selected which displays the contens of the movie database and not the physical folder structure.
    the "movie database" part would have been a quite important info.

i will have a word with the team about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom