[MyVideos] No cover art for shares view (1 Viewer)

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: C2D E4300
    HDD: 2* 1TB Samsung, 1* 750GB Samsung, 1* 500GB Seagate
    Memory: 2GB DDRII
    Motherboard: Gigabyte S2
    Video Card: MSI X2600XT passive
    1. TV Card: Philips SAA7134 DVB-T
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T

Steps to reproduce:
    - add a new movie to your shares
    - open the config util
    - add the new movie (update database from selected shares)
    - open MediaPortal
    - go to MyVideos in shares view
    => no cover art (no "folder.jpg")
    => cover art is present as soon as the imdb info has been shown at least once ("folder.jpg" got created)
    => this is no issue when adding the movie from inside MediaPortal

I guess this problem exists since RC1, and is present in all later versions.
    I've only tested this in RC1, it's an other user (yaronkle) who confirmed it for RC2.
    Can someone else confirm too?

GregOP

Portal Member
    July 31, 2008
    I just posted a thread with roughly the same issue on RC2. I updated my movies the same way you mentioned, however no cover art is displayed in shares view regardless of it being in list/big icons/film strip. As soon as you click on the movie, it shows the cover art and it all exists, but if you exit back out into shares view, it once again shows no cover art. So basically it only shows the cover art if you are in the actual folder that holds the movie. Only 5 out of 50 of my movies properly show the cover art on the outside of the folder, ie.. while in shares view... I didn't have this problem the first time I installed MP RC2, and the only thing that has changed is my hardware.

Manual update using IMDB does not fix the problem either. I tried using monochrome/project mayhem 3/ and both default blue skins, all of the exhibited the same issues. My movie structure exists like the following:

//Network Share Drive/HD Movies/Batman Begins/Batman.begins.1080p.mkv etc etc etc

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - add a new movie to your shares
    - open the config util
    - add the new movie (update database from selected shares)
    - open MediaPortal
    - go to MyVideos in shares view
    => no cover art (no "folder.jpg")
    => cover art is present as soon as the imdb info has been shown at least once ("folder.jpg" got created)
    => this is no issue when adding the movie from inside MediaPortal

Hi SMa, only just seen this, can confirm above steps, until you select imdb in MP\movies\menu\imdb no cover art is loaded for new files in shares view.

GregOP

Not the same thing, but closely linked, you never know a repair of one may lead to the other :)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom