myYouTube (4 Viewers)

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
Hi you all.

I created a little plugin to stream from YouTube. It is not finished and just a on a beta stage now.
I wanted some feedback from all of you.

It now has the option to save your videos to disk.
Set the directory in the configuration.

Also has the flimstrip etc.. for views.

You can add videos to favorites

This plugin will only stream from Youtube and will not support any other site.
It uses google API to communicate with youtube directly.

It can use any player that supports FLV streaming.

Installation.

Copy all of the files from the rar to the right directories.

Using Mplayer.

Download mplayer
MuldeR's Homepage , just an example.

Download mplayer plugin
MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - My MPlayer

Add .flv in extensions for mplayer.

Internal player
Make sure you have .flv in your extensions and also that you can play .flv in Windows Mediaplayer.
Then you should be able to play .flv from mediaportal with the internal player.
the latest ffdshow has a flv splitter

Using FLVPLayer
Enable FLVPLayer in configuration

Things to do.
Add to playlist.
Ideas??

edit:I have included the latest version of the plugin with bugfixes and modifications from SilentExcept.
Copy the files from the release folder to your mediaportal folder

here is myYouTube v0.3.. just small fixes: updated to latest google api, configuration bug fix (delete), compiled against mp 1.0.1..

black & white 1080 skin files included..

Attachments

• myYouTube0.3.rar
    30.6 KB

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
yeah first :)

thx! I always waited for such a plugin whith youtube only. Ill test it soon!

EDIT: Works good here! You should set the ondown attribute of the category button to something which is not existent, that it switches to the small vid window when hitting the "down button".

Does it make a difference which player I use?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is it possible to play High quality films when available? Because otherwise I can't even imagine what Youtube would look like on a 42" screen.
A feature to only show videos with High Quality would be great. This way when you search you would always get the best quality. If you are looking for something special that you can't find, a temporary switch to normal quality will do the job.
Just my view on it, probably I have become somewhat of a "picture-quality-freak" after getting DVB-C and HD channels on the tv...

But definately a good idea, there's a lot of good stuff on youtube, and it's beginning to also look good, when people upload in High queality.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just tried this plugin and can't get it to work for some reason. It always shows " can't connect to youtube" whichever movie I wanna play.

I tried it with the internal player, I can view flv video's just fine within Windows Media Player. Also tried MPlayer and the flvplugin with exact same results.
I found this bit in the error.log. It's dutch so dunno if you can make something of it:
2008-10-01 12:11:23.312500 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd. bij MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.Vmr9Deinit()
bij MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.Dispose()
bij MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()

It's talking about accessing secured memory and that the cause might be damaged RAM but I'm 100% sure this is not the case. I am using 4GB of RAM on a x86 system though, might explain it?!?

Domini0n

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
joz
As soon as my new Chieftec HM-02B Case arrives I will try this plugin, I also have 4GB but run it on Vista Business x64. If this will work for me then it might be the combo of 4GB with x86.

@Saint
Great idea to implement this, I must say that the quality switch suggested by jonaskp is a good idea if it is possible. I would also run this on my 42" LCD-TV and low quality would really show up on a screen like this. I also use the TVGemist plugin and that quality is for a stream very acceptable, so that would be a good reference.

Thanks for the plugin!

gizzard

Portal Member
January 14, 2007
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
yeah first :)

thx! I always waited for such a plugin whith youtube only. Ill test it soon!

EDIT: Works good here! You should set the ondown attribute of the category button to something which is not existent, that it switches to the small vid window when hitting the "down button".

Does it make a difference which player I use?

I´ll take a look at the skin file.

No it should not matter witch player you use as long it supports streaming .flv.

Is it possible to play High quality films when available? Because otherwise I can't even imagine what Youtube would look like on a 42" screen.
A feature to only show videos with High Quality would be great. This way when you search you would always get the best quality. If you are looking for something special that you can't find, a temporary switch to normal quality will do the job.
Just my view on it, probably I have become somewhat of a "picture-quality-freak" after getting DVB-C and HD channels on the tv...

But definately a good idea, there's a lot of good stuff on youtube, and it's beginning to also look good, when people upload in High queality.

That is a good idea.

I´ll see if I can find some method to determine if the video has HQ in the search.

Just tried this plugin and can't get it to work for some reason. It always shows " can't connect to youtube" whichever movie I wanna play.

I tried it with the internal player, I can view flv video's just fine within Windows Media Player. Also tried MPlayer and the flvplugin with exact same results.
I found this bit in the error.log. It's dutch so dunno if you can make something of it:
Quote:
2008-10-01 12:11:23.312500 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Exception while cleanuping DShow graph - Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd. bij MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.Vmr9Deinit()
bij MediaPortal.Player.VMR9Util.Dispose()
bij MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.Cleanup()
It's talking about accessing secured memory and that the cause might be damaged RAM but I'm 100% sure this is not the case. I am using 4GB of RAM on a x86 system though, might explain it?!?

So you can search?

That is strange, the plugin then passes the url to the player that you use.

I´ll see if I can provide some extra logging for you.

andraves

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.

Also i got following message "can't connect to youtube", but I can se thumpnails from the movie.

I've tried both FLV Player and MPlayer. What I'm not sure about is where the file "player.swf" shall be copied?

Andraves

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Works nice with internal player for me. Looking forward for improvements and some nice skins from the desginer dudes.

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi.

Also i got following message "can't connect to youtube", but I can se thumpnails from the movie.

I've tried both FLV Player and MPlayer. What I'm not sure about is where the file "player.swf" shall be copied?

Andraves

You must have the FLV player disabled in configuration if you plan not to use it.

You can see the thumbs because you can search but there is some problem
    playing the url with the player that is taking the url and playing it.

The player.swf is used with the FLV Player and should be in the root directory of mediaportal.

efla

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2007
    Just a silly question, how this new plugin compares with the online video plugin that has also youtube ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom