Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks good, I'll give a go later

TreKronor

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2008
    Hi!

I can't watch youtube videos, too.

When I search a video, I get the results and I can see the preview, but if I select one, I just get the error "Failed to conect to youTube"...

Now I wanna use the internal player, but, where can I configure this?!

If I try to do so in MediaPortal Configurations "plugins" menue, I just get the message "Nothing to configure"...

And as a newbie I don't now, how to use ffdshow and a splitter (what ever this should be)?!

Is there anyone out there who can take me by the hand?! ;-)

Thanks a lot!

Dirk

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    have u added the .flv extension to the movie list?
    Well I did and got the exact same situation as TreKronor. It get's the list of files and thumbs and all but doesn't playback files and says it can't connect.

I used the simpleMP codec guide (maybe handy for you TreKronor), so I'm running:
    - FFDshow
    - Haali media splitter
    - FLVSplitter
    - QTLite

I can stream and play FLV fine in WMP.

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi!

I can't watch youtube videos, too.

When I search a video, I get the results and I can see the preview, but if I select one, I just get the error "Failed to conect to youTube"...

Now I wanna use the internal player, but, where can I configure this?!

If I try to do so in MediaPortal Configurations "plugins" menue, I just get the message "Nothing to configure"...

And as a newbie I don't now, how to use ffdshow and a splitter (what ever this should be)?!

Is there anyone out there who can take me by the hand?! ;-)

Thanks a lot!

Dirk

Follow the quide @joz and try after that but disable flv player in the configuration and add .flv in extensions for the internal player. It´s under Movies and Movie extensions;

If you have any other external player make sure it dose not have .flv in there config.

What is the difference with MyOnlineVideo plugin apart from the last one provides more video web sites?

This plugin will only focus on YouTube as it is a lot less work maintaining only one streaming site.
    MyOnlineVideo is a great thought but it has been broken for a long time and it takes a lot of time just
    fixing the plugin as the websites etc. changes.

have u added the .flv extension to the movie list?
    Well I did and got the exact same situation as TreKronor. It get's the list of files and thumbs and all but doesn't playback files and says it can't connect.

I used the simpleMP codec guide (maybe handy for you TreKronor), so I'm running:
    - FFDshow
    - Haali media splitter
    - FLVSplitter
    - QTLite

I can stream and play FLV fine in WMP.

Could you check in the ffdshow splitter config if it has flv1 enabled?
    Also doubble check if there is any external player enabled in your config.

I have it running here on multiple computers and all runs fine.
    If you can play in WMP then there is something wrong with the .flv setup in MediaPortal.

When the plugin starts to play it sends the url to the g_player and then he checks what player to use as
    configured in mediaportal for .flv extensions.

One more thing you can do.
    Is try to play .flv from your local hard drive. Just download some .flv save it and try to play it using my videos.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just figured out my problem.
    I was using the FLVSplitter that has a link in the simple codec guide (version 1.01) and this version is just too old.
    I upgraded to FLVSplitter 1.04 (I believe the latest) and all is working fine.

Thanks for your help Saint. Apperently I tested with flv's (in WMP) that were handled correctly by the old splitter.

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Great news.

The error message is was not clear. If you can search then you can connect but if you cant play then there is something wrong with the .flv player setup.

I hope I can publish a new version this weekend with HQ option and some more new options.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi .. i must be missing something obvious.

i installed all the files in the appropriate folders, but don't see any reference to mYouTube anywhere in MP.
    i can play FLV files in WMP all ok, and have added .flv to be movies extension list.

what am i missing ?

gizzard

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    hi .. i must be missing something obvious.

i installed all the files in the appropriate folders, but don't see any reference to mYouTube anywhere in MP.
    i can play FLV files in WMP all ok, and have added .flv to be movies extension list.

what am i missing ?

I really dont know :)

Are you sure that all google dlls and myyoutube.dll are in the plugins\windows folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom