N00b Question (1 Viewer)

Shamone

Portal Member
January 20, 2006
Hi Guys,

I ended up on this forum after seeing MP for sale on by some moneygrabber on ebay. I am having to resituate my PC from My "den" to the breakfast bar in the kitchen as we have a little one on the way who will be evicting me from my den! I was looking at Windows MCE and thought that its not really cost effective as I don't have TV Tuner and don't require one etc I just require a nice GUI and great functionality. Hence ending up here. I also use XBMC which I love and upon hearing its the same guys developing MP then there is basically no more consideration, this is what i'll be using.

Damn, sorry guys didn't mean to bore you all to death, I'll ask my question now then :D

Is MP an App that can be run from Windows XP or is an OS as such that you have to boot into. Also once in MP is it easy to go back to XP without a reboot. I have had a little browse of the forum and couldn't see anything so apologies if this has already been answered to death! :roll:

Thanks

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Have you read through the main page and the wiki? Its probably your best source of info. Just incase you ended up here without seeing the main page. https://www.team-mediaportal.com/

But to answer your question anyway. MP is an application which runs on windows XP SP2 or MCE2005. Being an application, it goes back to windows as easy as any other app by just closing it.

Shamone

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Thanks for the link I'll have a look at that now, Roll on Hometime! i'll be DLing that when I get in! Thanks again

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Welcome here. But just wondering what the reference to Hometime applies to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom