N36L Microserver as TVServer only (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I have one of these servers (my main storage unit which is always on. Having recently introduced a client machine to my MePo setup, it bothers me that to watch TV in the bedroom, all 3 of these machines now needs to be on!

So I would like to look at maybe getting my microserver rigged up to the sat dish and use it as the TV server together with my Blackgold BGT3595. It's only a 1.3 dual core atom though so not sure if it would be up to the task and it would involve a lot of messing around to get the unit downstairs or the sat coaxs to where it is currently kept so it would be nice to know before hand if anyone has one of these machines serving up TV?

Thanks!

(Incidently it runs WHS2011)

Last edited:

Tallone

Portal Member
    October 7, 2006
    Home Country
    I can't comment on that machine, but I have had success using Zotac IONITX-P-E (1.2Ghz dual core Celeron) and IONITX-F-E (1.6Ghz dual core Atom) as low power TV servers for DVB-T. Database intensive stuff tended to be a bit sluggish, but I only really upgraded because I needed more SATA ports.

receiverbox

Portal Member
    March 17, 2013
    Regensburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I guess it is Off-the-Shelf-NAS system which as an free PCIe-Slot for Slim Profile? A friend of mine runs a Acer NAS with (WHS2011) and DVBViewer 4.8 successfully for 5 days now ;-) But of course it works only as TV-Server . No idea how it would be with MP.

Actually, I asked him the day before yesterday to write a small manual to post this on my blog about his configuration. It will be in german, but if you are interessted I'll prepare a english version later on.[DOUBLEPOST=1364800137][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw, currently, I set up a testinstallation with Team MediaPortal on Atom D2800 (1,86 GHz) and 4x Digital Devices DVB-S2. Let you know the outcome....

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    My tvserver built from Intel GSEJT (single core atom) and can serves 3 client (DVB-T or videos).

chrissnow

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2011
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I use an N36L for my tv server which has 2 BGT3595 and it will happily stream 4-6 HD channels simultaniously.
    I see your also from Nottingham :) so if you happen to be using sky it will do that stuff too. I use Windows 7 though.

Just realised how old this was! i'm sure you will have done it by now!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom