naming music folders? (1 Viewer)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I'm not sure that tagging is the problem. A database issue seems far more likely.

thechad

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Geelong, Australia
Home Country
Hi I am experienceing the same problem after an upgrade to RC2 from 0.1.3.

I would try a CVS update to RC2 and see if that resolves the problem and perhaps a clean install if you have u[graded. I haven't had a chance to look into it yet and am just using the share view for now.

cheers.

catn

Portal Member
January 8, 2006
Music tags do not show up

Hi I just installed MP and I am having the same problem visualizing my music tags. All my collection is tagged ...I already checked the database using SQLite and It seems to be OK all the ifo is in there, but it does not show up in MP

any ideas???

thanks,,,,

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Jetboy said:
    I don't have the solution to your problem, but I can offer a workaround. There are programs (such as foobar2000, actually a music player) that can tag your music from folder/file names. If MP indeed requires tagged files, that might be your best option.

Or even better (?): MediaMonkey
    tag.gif

organise.gif

catn

Portal Member
    January 8, 2006
    Tags OK

As I said all my tags are OK actually I just ripped a new Cd with Miusic match and re scan just that folder to check if there was any problem with the tags... bt still it did not work... (all tags in English)

I think is something related with the way MP RC2 reads the DB ( I checked the DB file and it looks OK) .... I tried to check for patches in the CVS, but couldn't find any...

any ideas???

Tnx

racemier

Portal Member
    December 13, 2005
    I'm having the same problem.
    Running 0.2 RC2
    Tags are showed in the Share folder, once you switch over to artist or genre or another options it shows you just icons.
    I check the database and that seems to be OK. Links between artist, album and song are correct. Deleted db once but no result.

More tricks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom