NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher? (1 Viewer)

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Reconfigured TV-server with both options, but gave the same result; recording doesn't save to NAS.

During this I was doubting on "rights on my NAS", so in the same session under XP I went to the NAS and was able to create sub dirs where I would like to.

Do you have an idea, it seems like a bug.
    (I use MP1.0.2 under XP and my SAN is from Synology).

Hope to hear from you, John

... you have to run tvserver service under an account that has network rights - the "local" account does not have it - it's not hte same context as your personal loginuser (that usually HAS network rights).

Guzzi

PS: This question comes up again and again - wouldn't it make sense to offer the option to run tvservice under a nonlocal account in the installer? I think more and more people use external storage for their recordings nowadays!?

Hi Guzzi,

Can you pls explain how to solve it, I don't understand it (I think :confused:).

I log in under XP with the username "MP", no password.
    In my NAS, made a directory structure for mp, and gave the guest-account authorization to that structure.
    So when I log in with user MP, and go -with explorer- to the NAS I'm able to create dir's and files on my NAS.

Where can I resolve the name where TV-server is run under or should I give "MP" rights on my NAS?

John

@Johnnie
    Did you change the recording folder for both TV-Cards?

Yes I did

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Reconfigured TV-server with both options, but gave the same result; recording doesn't save to NAS.

During this I was doubting on "rights on my NAS", so in the same session under XP I went to the NAS and was able to create sub dirs where I would like to.

Do you have an idea, it seems like a bug.
    (I use MP1.0.2 under XP and my SAN is from Synology).

Hope to hear from you, John

... you have to run tvserver service under an account that has network rights - the "local" account does not have it - it's not hte same context as your personal loginuser (that usually HAS network rights).

Guzzi

PS: This question comes up again and again - wouldn't it make sense to offer the option to run tvservice under a nonlocal account in the installer? I think more and more people use external storage for their recordings nowadays!?

Hi Guzzi,

Can you pls explain how to solve it, I don't understand it (I think :confused:).

I log in under XP with the username "MP", no password.
    In my NAS, made a directory structure for mp, and gave the guest-account authorization to that structure.
    So when I log in with user MP, and go -with explorer- to the NAS I'm able to create dir's and files on my NAS.

Where can I resolve the name where TV-server is run under or should I give "MP" rights on my NAS?

John

@Johnnie
    Did you change the recording folder for both TV-Cards?

Yes I did
    Check Controlpanel, Services
    there should be TVserver run as service under account "local system" (I have german XP, so not 100% sure about the naming)
    The context needs to be changed at least to a user that has rights to access network - you might try in properties, second tab (something like "login") to use "NTauthority\networkservice" - or any other user you have manually configured with appropriate rights.
    afaik there should be some threads here in the forum about the howtos.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Hi all

Yesss it works. (searched a lot of threads and Googled with pointers that where given)

Changed local user to a user created in user-manager.
    Needed to add a password to the account and therefore also needed to configure XP with autologon.
    Now recordings take place on NAS!

Thanks for all pointers and offered help!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom