NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher? (1 Viewer)

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

ich möchte ein bisschen verspätet meine Erfahrungen zum TV-Server und einer Buffalo NAS weitergeben.

Ich lasse jetzt schon seit 3 Monaten meine Aufnahmen mit MP 1.0.0 auf mein Link Station laufen. In meinem HTPC ist jetzt nur noch eine 32 GB leise SSD eingebaut. Es funktioniert super. Ich konnte keinen merkbaren Verschlechterungen bei den Umschaltzeiten feststellen. Allerdings muss ich dazu sagen, dass die Umschaltzeit bei mir schon immer 4 Sekunden gedauert haben.

Brette

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 11, 2007
    Sinsheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ich hatte einmal testweise die Aufnahmen und Timeshift via iSCSI über mein NAS laufen lassen.
    Das hat erstaunlich gut funktioniert.
    Problem war nur das der Microsoft iSCSI Initiator nach einem Neustart nicht immer funktionierte und somit die Laufwerke nicht da waren (XP).
    Ab Vista sollte das aber besser funktionieren !?!
    Habe mein NAS in den Ruhestand gestellt weil mein TV- Server jetzt alles macht.

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Problem war nur das der Microsoft iSCSI Initiator nach einem Neustart nicht immer funktionierte und somit die Laufwerke nicht da waren (XP).
    Ab Vista sollte das aber besser funktionieren !?!

Das kann ich nicht beurteilen, da ich eine NAS ohne iSCSI nutze.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Hi Weissollo,

Meine mein Deutsch bitte, ich bin besser im Englisch. Aber konnen sie mir vielleicht hilffe mit tips?
    Ich habe ein NAS, mit 2 Tb. Und suche die volgende tips, who muss ich die timeshifting und recording in MP config hinweissen lassen?

Jetzt, steht timeshift nach mein SSD und recording auf NAS, aber ich konte recording nicht zuruckfinden in MP!?
    Habe sie vielleicht tips fur eine correcte cfg?

Danke schon, John

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Hi Johnnie,

I think you are looking for this setting:
    TV-Server/Configuration/Recording - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

If you are not looking for this setting, then please repeat your question in English.

Hi,

Lets give it a try in English :D.
    Thanks for sending the link. I first did change both locations, recording and timeshifting to the NAS but that wasn't working.
    Then I changed timeshifting back to my locale HD and then I had TV again ;-).

But after moving, when I do a recording of Live TV I'm not able to find the recordings in MP again!?
    Btw in TV guide the EPG of my selection is Red, but when I look into MP by recordings I don't find anything.
    Can I check, for instance by explorer where it stores the recording? Or do you have tips, best practices for moving folders to the NAS?

John

weissollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2007
    Franken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Thanks for sending the link. I first did change both locations, recording and timeshifting to the NAS but that wasn't working.

Try to use your NAS only for recordings. For time shift you should use your hard disk.

But after moving, when I do a recording of Live TV I'm not able to find the recordings in MP again!?
    Import it again:

Btw in TV guide the EPG of my selection is Red, but when I look into MP by recordings I don't find anything.
    And after it is finished?

Can I check, for instance by explorer where it stores the recording?
    Yes. Just go to your recording folder which is set there:

Or do you have tips, best practices for moving folders to the NAS?
    Sorry, what do you mean? You can just use the copy function in your windows explorer.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Try to use your NAS only for recordings. For time shift you should use your hard disk.

Import it again:

And after it is finished?

Can I check, for instance by explorer where it stores the recording?
    Yes. Just go to your recording folder which is set there:

Or do you have tips, best practices for moving folders to the NAS?
    Sorry, what do you mean? You can just use the copy function in your windows explorer.

Some answers:
    Try to use your NAS only for recordings. For time shift you should use your hard disk. => did that

And after it is finished? No result, but I noticed the following. I started an experiment with the recording folder pointed to my NAS. Then stopped MP, did a reconfigure of the recording folder in TV-server to my locale disk, and suddenly I saw the subdir of my recording appearing!?

Based on you're feedback did some other research aswell and observed the following.

When I change the Recording path to my locale HD it's working.
    But when I change it to my NAS, it stops working. I have tried the following things:
    1. used UNC \\server\directory\
    2. created a drive mapping z: = \\server\directory\

Reconfigured TV-server with both options, but gave the same result; recording doesn't save to NAS.

During this I was doubting on "rights on my NAS", so in the same session under XP I went to the NAS and was able to create sub dirs where I would like to.

Do you have an idea, it seems like a bug.
    (I use MP1.0.2 under XP and my SAN is from Synology).

Hope to hear from you, John

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Reconfigured TV-server with both options, but gave the same result; recording doesn't save to NAS.

During this I was doubting on "rights on my NAS", so in the same session under XP I went to the NAS and was able to create sub dirs where I would like to.

Do you have an idea, it seems like a bug.
    (I use MP1.0.2 under XP and my SAN is from Synology).

Hope to hear from you, John

... you have to run tvserver service under an account that has network rights - the "local" account does not have it - it's not hte same context as your personal loginuser (that usually HAS network rights).

Guzzi

PS: This question comes up again and again - wouldn't it make sense to offer the option to run tvservice under a nonlocal account in the installer? I think more and more people use external storage for their recordings nowadays!?

wolfi_b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: NAS als Timeshift-Buffer und Aufnahmespeicher?

Johnnie
    Did you change the recording folder for both TV-Cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom