[solved] NAS Source not available (1 Viewer)

StroppyOz

Portal Member
July 4, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I'm trialing MP2 as I wish to move from Win7 to Win10 where WMC is no longer an option.

When I attempt to set up a NAS as a source, it's not seen by MP2 either locally or under network neighbourhood. I mapped the drive under explorer successfully but the mapped drive does not appear under local drives either (only the physical drives themselves appear). I've also set the login details under server configuration to no avail.

I'm not running any additional firewall except for Windows built in one.

As has been pointed out in other posts similar to this, I can't enter a \\192.168.x.x\xxx type address in the manual entry box.

Finally, my NAS is sitting on a different sub-net than the HTPC (ie. HTPC is on 192.168.1.x.x whereas the NAS is on 192.168.2.x.x). As such, the NAS doesn't appear under Network Neighbourhood as it would if it were on the same subnet.

Access can be made to the NAS from either network it's only MP2 that doesn't work.

So, how can I map my NAS to MP2? Any ideas?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please post MP2 client+server logfiles (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/how-to-post-a-bug-report-for-mediaportal-2.106173/).

The browsing of network resources is done by the MP2-Server service (running as local system). That's why you need to enter one username/password to access all shares in your network (make sure it exists same on all systems!).

If you are not able to browse interactively, you might manually enter a path. There is a button in browse screen to allow this input. There you can also use IP adresses. But username is still required though.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    If the NAS is on a different subnet (I.e. If your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0) it won't appear in the NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider. That means (a) you have to enter the path manually And (b) enter network credentials if no anonymous access is allowed.

StroppyOz

Portal Member
    July 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the responses. As I alluded to in my first post, I've already set the server configuration details with the correct login name and password.

I'm also aware of the manual option. However, when I enter the IP address, 'Continue' never becomes active. I guess I'm entering the IP address incorrectly. This is how I'm currently entering it \\192.68.2.151\Media. Is this correct?[DOUBLEPOST=1437184111][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay. I must have made an error with my login details as it all works correctly now. Would recommend consideration be given to providing an error dialog or something similar to advise the user of this type of issue.

Sorry for being such a noob and wasting your time guys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom