Native Blu-ray support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If I have a bluray ISO, could I use an external SRT subtitle file with it?
    about external SRT it should not work :(

the only way you could get an .srt subtitle to work with a full Blu-ray disc if you put the .srt file in the STREAM folder of the disc, and name it equal to the stream name of the movie and playback in Title Mode. so if 00000.m2ts is the main movie, you'll have to name it 00000.srt

There is no source filter in the graph that would pick up any external subtitle files. Also there is no subtitle filter in the graph that would understand .srt.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't crack the HD version of AnyDVD btw..

Shame on you for even thinking about using some software illegally!

Yeah, I'm a really bad boy.. ;)

Not as brave as you, because you are only watching original movies, listen to legal purchased music, and only playing legal games.. Sory!

If a piece of software that does only such a small thing need to cost 70 bucks? I'm not interested in buying it legal.. But Passkey Lite is doing it for free to me, so that's too bad for Slysoft! :p

Thanks anyway!

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Perhaps you can use ffdshow as video decoder and load the subtitle from there.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Perhaps you can use ffdshow as video decoder and load the subtitle from there.
    Yep i think it should work (using ffdshow as post process filter) but not sure if we can manage it from MP but it should work if we setup ffdshow engine as subtitle filter.
    For sure it will not work for .iso because we need to add filter by matching the name of played files (index.bdmv or xxxxx.m2ts).

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I do the test :)
    ffdshow can load external sub (but it will not be managed by MP the bdplayer.cs didn't handle it) so we have to select subtitle from taskbar and it doesn't work for .iso

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no source filter in the graph that would pick up any external subtitle files. Also there is no subtitle filter in the graph that would understand .srt.

True, that kinda confused me also, but it is working. The subs show up in every menu but not in graph.
    Transformers .srt dropped into STREAM folder of Lichtmond BD (which has no subs):

08-04-59.png 08-05-09.png 08-05-38.png Graph.JPG

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

True, that kinda confused me also, but it is working. The subs show up in every menu but not in graph.
    Transformers .srt dropped into STREAM folder of Lichtmond BD (which has no subs):

View attachment 109867 View attachment 109868 View attachment 109869 View attachment 109870

After doing test :) it was a movpic issue (the official one didn't handle Native Bluray) so we need to use MyVideo.
    Effectively if we use movpic, LAV splitter was in use and then subtitle is managed like when we load an .mkv etc. so subtitle external is managed but no menu support.
    When using MyVideo, BDReader is in use (menu support) but no support for external subs except if we add ffdshow video in graph (but MP will not handle subtitle.

Thanks.

aztech

August 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Is there any way to pass a BD3D to an external player (such as PowerDVD), while leaving common BD to the internal BD player? When I try to play BD3D iso MP mounts the ISO by DaemonTools and then launches the internal blu-ray support that causes the iso being played in 2D mode (if possible). Blu-ray section in MP 1.3.0 has no options. Thanks!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since this feature is now integrated into MediaPortal i've locked this thread.

Check out the .:Native Blu-ray Wiki page:. if you have any questions about this feature.

For questions not mentioned in the Wiki, bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. you can use the MediaPortal 1 forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom