Navigating Pictures causes 1.4 to Crash (1 Viewer)

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All,

Just upgraded to 1.4. Slight problem when navigating some (not all) of my picture folders and their thumbnails. In one particular folder, MP does not 'see' any pictures or thumbnails; as soon as I go into said folder, MP just crashes. Log files for this scenario attached.

Through windows 8, the problem folder all seems fine. I have rebuilt the entire MP thumbnail database but to no avail.

If someone could cast their expert eye, that would be appreciated....

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    You reach in 'Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.' now need to find why.
    Can you try a build (we have do some rework but not sure if it wil solve your issue) ? (i will pm you the link)
    Do you have many pictures in that folder ?
    Another question for later, can you zip it (but it's surely private picture so maybe not :) )
    Keep that folder somewhere and did it happen if you add a copy of this folder somewhere else ?
    It can be happening that it's db issue that generate issue but not sure.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had exactly the same crash yesterday. Some files were named with fuked up symbol like (™ª˚\∆√æµ∆œ∑¶¥π) renaming the files solve my problem.

If I remember in MP1.3 it was ok. Those files were french with accent in it. Like '' Hélène ''

Last edited:

jsc2013

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2013
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks

I will do some research this evening and post back. I might not be able to try any builds, as my HTPC is the main (and only) HTPC so is in daily use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom