Navigation problem (1 Viewer)

Aboshan

Portal Member
August 11, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi!

This is one of the best skins i've tested so far, so congratulations.

I have, however, one major problem.

I can't switch from the menu items to the topbar with my directional keys (keyboard or remote).

At first, when MP launched, i couldn't do anything with my dirKeys, as no icon could be selected or was preselected. I could hover over it with my mouse and start from there, that would work, but i'd have to do that everytime I entered a new menu and I still couldn't switch to (and from) the topbar.

I have to specify that this was only the case with the icon menu's. If I have an application (last.fm,onlinevideos,...) where there is a sidemenu, transition to and from topbar is no problem at all.

I managed to fix half of this bug by specifying <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol> instead of 21 in each xml.

I have now a starting point in each menu, and I can also switch from topbar to menu.

However, going back to the topbar is still impossible...
I tried specifying <defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol> in topbar.xml and topbarhome.xml, but that didn't change anything.

I tried it with Blue3, and it worked like a charm, so this is probably skin related.

Any ideas would be much much appreciated. Thx!

Edit fixed:

Ok i got it fixed:

The basichome.xml is basically a parentxml where you input values that are used in the imported "common.menu.3rows.xml".

Here you have the classic parameters that are also present in other skins basichomes.xml, e.g. ondown, onright, width, height, etc....

So in this file I added <onup>3005</onup> to each top button, where 3005 is the ID of the topbar, and it worked.

But I can't believe i'm the only one that had a problem with that, doe snobody here uses the topbar? :D

Hijack

Portal Member
February 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Navigation problem

Hi,

have the same problem here, but wasn't able to "fix" my basichome.xml by myself.

Could you please upload your changed file? It would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance,

HIJACK :)

ThePony

Portal Member
October 17, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have exactly the same problem: I need my mouse to 'start' using the skin.
Idem when I want to shut it down: Without mouse no way to get there.

Apart from that a very nice skin. Great job!

Aboshan

Portal Member
August 11, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Re: AW: Navigation problem

Hi,

have the same problem here, but wasn't able to "fix" my basichome.xml by myself.

Could you please upload your changed file? It would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance,

HIJACK :)

I'll post it as soon as I have access to the HTPC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom