[Need Feedback] issues with floppy/firedtv firmware 1-2-0 (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have now updated my alphacrypt light CAM to V1.09 and the problems still occur. They occur less often but they still occur.
    If they occur less often, then we have the evidence that your issue is also CAM related.
    which means that the ppl at digital-everywhere cant fix the problem. :sorry:

Btw. I am using the ("full version") of the alphacrypt CAM, and sinch the latest fimwareupdate, i did not had a single problem with the floppydtv.

I am also maintaining 3 other PCs with the same Alphacrypt CAM and a floppydtv. after the CAM fw update, they are also working with the latest FW of the floppydtv.

ReMeE

Portal Member
    October 6, 2005
    I have been in contach with the programmer of the firmwares for digital-everywhere.

After quite some testing, we found out that the reason for the issues was not the FW for the floppydtv, it was the FW of the CAM.

So everyone who has issues with the floppy/fireTV should check the FW of his CAM for an update.

:)

How do I check and update the CAM (alphacrypt) that I use with my floppyDTV?

Do I have to configure the cam in a way and how do I do this? I just installed the latest bda drivers for my floppyDTV and didn't configure anything.

The problem I have is that switching chanels is very slow (takes 10 to 15 seconds) and my floppy dtv is sometimes not found (in the devicemanager it's gone!) and the only way to solve this is to shut down my computer and then power it up again)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    updating works like with your settopbox.

you have to tune a channel and then select the "update" function in commoninterface.exe

or:
    if you have a notebook.
    -download the latest firmware
    -insert the CAm into the PCMCIA slot
    -run the update
    -finished

i prefer the laptop option. the download via sat is slow and often fails to download the file.

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    Operating System: WindowsXP
    Installed Servicepack: SP2
    Product: floppydtv
    Type: dvb-s
    Rev.Number:
    HW Version: 1.24.1
    FW Version: 1.2.1 Build 33440
    BDA-Driver: 4.2.0
    CAM: none
    CAM-Firmware Version: -
    CAM-Rev.: -
    Problem ONLY occurs if CAM inserted: No
    Problem ONLY occurs with FW 1-2-0: n.a.
    Problem gone if removing power completely from PC: Yes
    Problem gone when rebooting: Yes

Problem description:

When changing channels TV will lock and not respond anymore. MediaPortal gets slow and is only responding after some timeout (~30sec).
    When closing MediaPortal and accessing the CI program of the FloppyDTV it also runs in an timeout and does not show any firmware information.
    The following log is written in error.log for MediaPortal:
    Code:
    2006-12-20 16:11:02.359375 [ERROR][6]: FireDTV:GetCAMStatus() failed 0x80070079
    2006-12-20 16:11:39.484375 [ERROR][6]: DVBGraph: FAILED unable to start graph :0x800705AA
    2006-12-20 16:11:39.484375 [ERROR][6]: Command:MediaPortal.TV.Recording.ViewTvCommand failed reason:Live-Fernsehen konnte nicht aktiviert werdenUnable to start graph time:36156,25 msec

After rebooting everything works again until the next lock. Atm I have not tried doing a firmware downgrade because the FloppyDTV is not mine. Therefore I also have limited time for testing (probably a week).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom