Need help building latest svn (if you don't mind). (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Itfearme,

At the risk of making myself look like an idiot (again :)) I wonder if you could help me.

I'm having a problem when trying to build MP-TVSeries from the source (latest SVN).

I have read the wiki instructions but assume these are slightly oudated now as the SVN repo now contains a prebuilt solution file and a folder called "external" which seems to contain all the dll's needed to satisfy the References (I have checked this).

The solution opens with no problems reported and contains two projects (MP-TVSeries and FollowitApi). When I attempt to build the solution (either Release or Debug) FollowitApi builds successfully but MP-TVSeries fails with a single error as follows;-

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:/SVN/MPTVSeries/External/Common.Utils.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Line 656, position 5. C:\SVN\MPTVSeries\MP-TVSeries\Configuration\GUIConfiguration.resx 656 5 MP-TVSeries

When I check GUIConfiguration.resx that line reads "</data>" :confused:

I've attached a screencap from Visual Studio for reference.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Any help would be appreciated. If you'd rather keep this type of question out of this thread please feel free to pm me and I'll edit this post accordingly.

:D

Mick.

Attachments

• VS_Screencap.JPG
      VS_Screencap.JPG
      317.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:/SVN/MPTVSeries/External/Common.Utils.dll'

That's the same error I had, it relates to forced 32-bit DLLs that won't load nice on 64-bit OS.

You can use the Microsoft tool 'CorFlags.exe' for this to remove the forced 32-bit flag, so that it can be loaded.

The command is:

corflags /32bit- "C:\SVN\MPTVSeries\External\Common.Utils.dll"​

And you'll have to do this for a few more as well (4 or 5 if memory serves me), but it is a one time ordeal. Corflags is most likely on your system already, but if you can't locate it, I can attach it to a reply as it is only 60kB.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:/SVN/MPTVSeries/External/Common.Utils.dll'

That's the same error I had, it relates to forced 32-bit DLLs that won't load nice on 64-bit OS.

You can use the Microsoft tool 'CorFlags.exe' for this to remove the forced 32-bit flag, so that it can be loaded.

The command is:

corflags /32bit- "C:\SVN\MPTVSeries\External\Common.Utils.dll"​

And you'll have to do this for a few more as well (4 or 5 if memory serves me), but it is a one time ordeal. Corflags is most likely on your system already, but if you can't locate it, I can attach it to a reply as it is only 60kB.

Thank you RoChess! Much appreciated!

Will give it a try later and report results but it sounds like you've nailed it.

Wonder why I'm able to build MP on this system? Actually this is a fresh install/ IDE and I've only used the msbuild method so far. You could have saved me a ton of pain m8!

:D

Mick

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You could have saved me a ton of pain m8!

Yeah, I wasn't as fortunate myself :)

It took many google searches and bugging developers on IRC to figure things out, but glad it helps another. Ideally the DLLs that are on the SVN location get updated with a version that has the forced 32-bit flag already removed, but at least it is an easy manual method to fix.

Well as long as you know it :cool:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi RoChess,

Just posting to say corflags worked and I am now able to build successfully.

For anyone else reading this I had to run the corflags /32bit- "path\filename.dll" command on the following files;-

Common.utils.dll
    Core.dll
    Databases.dll
    Dialogs.dll

After doing this the build still failed with the same error refering to FollwitApi.dll but this was because the build properties for the project was set to "x86". Once I changed this to "Any CPU" the build succeeded.

Once again, thanks for helping me out here m8! Very much appreciated sir.

All the best,

Mick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom