Need Help Interlacing/Tearing Problem (1 Viewer)

bacworth

Portal Member
January 8, 2006
Area: Video
MediaPortal Version: latest
MediaPortal Skin: blue 2
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
DirectX Version: 9.0c
Audio Codec: AC3Filter
Video Codec: DVICO Mpeg2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
Memory: 512mg
Motherboard: Sis748
TV Card Model: DVICO Lite / Avermedia A800 USB
Video Card Model: Radeon 9000
Audio Card Model: Hercules Game Theature 5.1 XP
Synopsis::

I have a verticle bar of around 20pixels on the left hand side of the screen that is not in sync. From closer inspection the 20 pixel (approx) bar appears to belong to the right hand side of the screen. For example, if i was to segment verticles bars into five groups the current situation is, 5,1,2,3,4.

It occurs whilst watching tv or playing dvds but is fine with menu and xp. has anyone had this issue?

Additional Information::

I currenlty have my tv at 60hz which is fixed, I have tried the DirectX full scrren option in the general settings menu but this stops the TV from showing. I have briefly played with ReClock app, but to no prevail.

cheers,
Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello all. Genuine thanks to all for the support I've received in this thread and forum in general, especially robbo. Unfortunately, the whole experience hasn't quite worked out as I'd hoped. First off, I couldn't get the remote I'd purchased working at all. I installed the relevant plugin and tried mapping keys and the system simply...
Hello all. Genuine thanks to all for the support I've received in this thread and forum in general, especially robbo...
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2 MediaPortal Skin: no skin installed Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium X64 SP1 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
So this is not a software problem. I've finally tracked it down to a problem with my TV display. What I'm seeing is one of the backlight strips on the LCD panel being brighter than the others. After a while things seem to warm up and the problem goes away... Hope this does not mean that my TV is on the way out... Andy
So this is not a software problem. I've finally tracked it down to a problem with my TV display. What I'm seeing is one of the...
MediaPortal Version: MP1.1.1 MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3 Wide Windows Version: Windows 7 CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 HDD: WD...
Replies
Views
I use onboard graphics with no problems what so ever. Try running the TVServer config and going down to the timeshifting tab, then lowering the 'wait for timeshifting file' number of seconds. MKV's not playing is most likely a codec issue. I'd recommend uninstalling all codecs, filters and splitters and installing SAF V5, its a...
I use onboard graphics with no problems what so ever. Try running the TVServer config and going down to the timeshifting tab...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 Final MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 64-bit CPU Type: i3-350 Memory: 2 Gb...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide Windows Version: XP SP3 MCE RU2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 @3 GHz HDD: Samsung HD154UI 1500GB Memory: 3 GB DDR 400 DIMM Motherboard: FIC P4M-915GD1-LF Video Card: Club HD3450 256MB DDR2 Video Card Driver: ATI Radeon 3450 8.702 (Catalyst 9.8) Sound Card: Realtek High Def...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide Windows Version: XP SP3 MCE RU2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 @3 GHz HDD...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide Windows Version: XP SP3 MCE RU2 CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 @3 GHz HDD...
Replies
Views
I stand corrected. One button does seem to be the problem With it disabled I now have MP switching fine. It was also that the keystrokes were set too long on the Harmony remote- I had two issues I'm going to start a new thread under Listen Music- as I need my one button random play. Not having it is a showstopper EDIT: The one...
I stand corrected. One button does seem to be the problem With it disabled I now have MP switching fine. It was also that the...
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 MediaPortal Skin: standard Windows Version: XP mce sp3 CPU Type: Pentium D 2.8 HDD: 1TB seagate...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom