Need help testing changes on scheduling recordings for the internal TV Engine (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    If you're using the internal TV Engine, not the TV Server, I need your help. I've been working to fix an issue that affects recordings that span over midnight; under some circumstances the recordings stop, and after that you may get several useless "micro-recordings". Even if you're not running into this problem, having a wider base of users testing the changes does help (so I know I didn't break anything else during the process!).

All you have to do is rename a DLL (Databases.dll in this case), and use the one I will provide. Then set the log level to debug, so if there is a problem I have more information. I've done all I could to squash all bugs, I'm not providing something untested. But bugs may slip under the radar, in this case a recording may not start or it may stop at midnight.

If someone wants to participate, please send me a Private Message and I'll give you the instructions. It's been made for MP 0.2.3.0 RC3 no SVN, I can't guarantee for SVN versions. If everything goes right in two weeks we could be confident that the changes are correct, and I could submit them for the final release of Media Portal 0.2.3.0. It all depends, this is the first time that I code on Media Portal, so everything is new for me :) .

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom