Need help testing changes on scheduling recordings for the internal TV Engine

Discussion in '0.2.3.0 RC3 and SVN Builds' started by igalan, October 22, 2007.

1. igalan
    • Premium Supporter

igalan Retired Team Member

IT
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain
    Show System Specs
    If you're using the internal TV Engine, not the TV Server, I need your help. I've been working to fix an issue that affects recordings that span over midnight; under some circumstances the recordings stop, and after that you may get several useless "micro-recordings". Even if you're not running into this problem, having a wider base of users testing the changes does help (so I know I didn't break anything else during the process!).

All you have to do is rename a DLL (Databases.dll in this case), and use the one I will provide. Then set the log level to debug, so if there is a problem I have more information. I've done all I could to squash all bugs, I'm not providing something untested. But bugs may slip under the radar, in this case a recording may not start or it may stop at midnight.

If someone wants to participate, please send me a Private Message and I'll give you the instructions. It's been made for MP 0.2.3.0 RC3 no SVN, I can't guarantee for SVN versions. If everything goes right in two weeks we could be confident that the changes are correct, and I could submit them for the final release of Media Portal 0.2.3.0. It all depends, this is the first time that I code on Media Portal, so everything is new for me :) .

Thanks

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!