Need help testing (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    If you're using the internal TV Engine, not the TV Server, I need your help. I've been working to fix an issue that affects recordings that span over midnight; under some circumstances the recordings stop, and after that you may get several useless "micro-recordings". All I need is a few people who replace a DLL with another one that I will provide, and then use the Media Portal normally; nothing should change.

The only thing that has to be done to help is rename a DLL (Databases.dll in this case), and use the one I will provide. Then set the log level to debug, to store additiona information in the logs. I've done all I could to squash all bugs, I'm not providing something untested. But bugs may slip under the radar, that's why I'm looking for a more users to test it.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi there.
    I'll do what can. I am running 0.2.3-RC 3 + SVN - if this is of any importance.
    (I hope this does not affect other recordings...?).

I can set a scheduled recording for tonight.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks. The patched DLL simply fixes an issue calculating when a weekly recording started, and when it should finish, in case of recordings that span over midnight. The present code has some problems with it and some users (myself included) see how week after week some weekly recordings (but not all) stop just at midnight.

I have not tested my patch with RC3 SVN. It should work unless drastic changes to the tagreaders or other parts have been made. The problem if you're running an SVN version is that my Databses.dll doesn't contain the SVN changes. So I'd prefer if testing could be done on plain RC3; it may run on your current SVN, but I haven't tested it.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well my changes are now part of current SVN versions, so if you have 0.2.3.0 final + recent SVN (starting Nov. 20), you're already testing them ;) . If everything is alright I will probably try to help in the development of TVE3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom