Need help with media portal freezing after coming out of hibernation... (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I have been using 1.3 Alpha for a while (3-5 months I think) and recently I have developed a problem. I am not sure that it is related to media portal (maybe to Microsoft security essentials?). I have attached the latest logs. It is kind of hard to repeat the problem and collect logs as I suspect that it is more of a windows thing. If so any trouble shooting help with this would be great.

What happens is if I let my HTPC running a single seat of MP hibernate, when I go to wake it, I get back to the mediaportal menu screen, but the computer only responds to Ctrl-Alt-Del command. When I do this, I don't get the task manager as expected, but a bit of test that says "preparing security options...."
    Currently I don't run a firewall and uninstalled MS security essentials which I was running but now have it uninstalled.

Am running Windows 7 SP1 home premium. I would say that this problem started 1-2 months ago, but am not getting around to trying to trouble shoot it. I defrag my os SSD disk and checked it for errors.

Please let me know if there are any other informations that I should include.

Thanks
    -S

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well I confirmed that this is a windows problem not a media portal problem. I put the computer to sleep after closing media portal down and when I woke it up, it was really slow and eventually rebooted. I didn't get to see what was on the screen as I left the room :-(
    -S

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom