Need help with music database MP 1.5

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Quantor, February 1, 2014.

1. Quantor

Quantor Portal Pro

Systems Analyst
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I've an ongoing issue with the music database for month now...

The LMH is supposed to send the latest added albums to the homescreen.... But if I'm switching to the music tab in home screen I have an empty cover shown, this cover is not linked to an album or a track. It's simple empty.... It is looking like this:

image.jpg

First I thought this is related to the LMH, but it isn't... If I'm entering my music collection I have also an empty entry on top of the list as shown in the following picture, marked by the blue bar:

image.jpg

If I press "enter" on this empty entry I get the following screen:

image.jpg

As you can see there is nothing associated with this entry... If I now press "enter" again I get the following confusing screen:

image.jpg

Does someone have an idea what it is all about and how to get rid of it ?

My suggestion is that this strange entry is the one which is causing the empty cover on the home screen... Strange behavior also is: If I add new files to my NAS and MP rescans after awhile the empty cover is vanishing and the screen is showing correct. But if I restart MP the empty cover is immediately back... Don't have an idea what to do about it... I've deleted the database several times and rescanned my music collection. Has not helped... All my music files are tagged correctly... No empty entries in the folders (checked all of the)...

Would be great if someone could help...

Quantor

P.S.: it is also not skin-related as I have the same issue in Titan, StreamedMP and Avalanche

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!